Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Need Help - Playbook and Z10 via Blackberry Bridge

I used to have a BB9360 Curve and been connecting to my Playbook via Blackberry Bridge with no issue at all in terms of accessing my work emails and calendar. Last week I've upgraded to a Z10 and I was able to establish connection to my Playbook with Bridge but with just 2 features left (BBM and SMS). I lost the icons for email and calendar completely and before when I was using my BB Curve everything's there. 

I'm sure the verion of Bridge is the latest one, as I just downloaded it. Been looking for solution around with no luck so hopefully I can get some direction here, as I really want to open my work email and calendar from my Playbook via Bridge. Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Need Help - Playbook and Z10 via Blackberry Bridge

No solution is available.   Bridge is crippled on bb10. You only have access to a watered down version of BBM and text messages.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

eddysywu wrote:

I used to have a BB9360 Curve and been connecting to my Playbook via Blackberry Bridge with no issue at all in terms of accessing my work emails and calendar. Last week I've upgraded to a Z10 and I was able to establish connection to my Playbook with Bridge but with just 2 features left (BBM and SMS). I lost the icons for email and calendar completely and before when I was using my BB Curve everything's there. 

I'm sure the verion of Bridge is the latest one, as I just downloaded it. Been looking for solution around with no luck so hopefully I can get some direction here, as I really want to open my work email and calendar from my Playbook via Bridge. Thanks!

As oppsoe to what the previous poster said the bridge is not crippled on th BB10 devices, but since the contact, calendar and email are working the same way on the PlayBook and the BB10 devices, it makes no sense to have them in the bridge since you configure them the same way and that means they both access the same data through their own program.

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

You wrote

As oppsoe to what the previous poster said the bridge is not crippled on th BB10 devices, but since the contact, calendar and email are working the same way on the PlayBook and the BB10 devices, it makes no sense to have them in the bridge since you configure them the same way and that means they both access the same data through their own program.

Thousands of people beg to differ..........Bridge is in fact crippled on BB10 devices compared to what was available on legacy devices.  OP I would suggest going to a site like Crackberry.com where you can get real answers.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

The ability to open an email or browser Page from your phone onto your playbook via the bridge was a significant capability for me. Because the screen is much larger. And the ability to update, view or delete my phone's calendar , contacts, tasks, and memos on the playbook (larger keyboard and screen) and have it synced immediately to my phone were more important than being able to text message or BBM. After experiencing the blackberry bridge with the older OS and my torch, this new Blackberry 10 bridge with my new z10 is useless. I want a refund for my PlayBook. I could have another tablet that offers more useful and free apps than blackberry world. I am a young business professional and have been a blackberry loyalist for the past 6 years. And waited patiently for them to catch up, while my peers have ALL turned to android or apple. So my hopes is that they will update the PlayBook soon to have the same and better functionality. Or I will have no other choice but to make changes. I must add, the Internet connection to the PlayBook is extremely slow via wifi or bridge.