Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Netflix - Probably talked about to death

...but after recieving one of these for Christmas, I'm afraid not having Netflix is not good enough for me.

Is there not going to be any Netflix app for this Playbook ever?

Thank you.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Netflix - Probably talked about to death

Contact Netflix and ask them if they will make one

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

wait until teh 30th and see if maybe they do it for BB10

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Thank you for that.  I have contacted Netflix AND these forums for an answer.

Netflix does not respond, but you did and leave me back where I started.

Will do, thanks.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I don't get it.  They would make more money if they developed the app for the playbook.  Yes we will see what happens on the 30th.  Unless some competitor(s) are paying them lots of $ not to develop it.  thats just a guess, I can't prove this.

My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

[ Edited ]

Lack of a Netflix app (and Kindle + Hulu plus apps would nice too) is one of the biggest drawbacks to the Playbook/BB10.

I'd think RIM could just dump a bag a cash at their door and ask for a port, but I guess not.

I wonder if it's possible to get the android version working. I don't mean from a consumer point of view, just as far as development goes -- just wondering if RIM needs the permission of netflix to get the android version working in BB10 or not, or if it's even possible without major code rewrites.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

poornamelessme wrote:

Lack of a Netflix app (and Kindle + Hulu plus apps would nice too) is one of the biggest drawbacks to the Playbook/BB10.

I'd think RIM could just dump a bag a cash at their door and ask for a port, but I guess not.

I wonder if it's possible to get the android version working. I don't mean from a consumer point of view, just as far as development goes -- just wondering if RIM needs the permission of netflix to get the android version working in BB10 or not, or if it's even possible without major code rewrites.

people have tried to get netflix and skype to work, they could not get it done

You can side load the android kindle app, I did it for my mother in law.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

I didn't mean sideloading netflix/kindle by a consumer. I meant I was wondering if it was possible (or even legal) for RIM to make their own 'sideloader shell' for the android netflix app.

If netflix wanted a BB10 app, I am sure they could do it superfast. But in lieu of netflix doing it, maybe RIM (or any developer) could get around it by making a program to get the android netflix working properly. I expect it's not legal though, and it'd require some tinkering with the android netflix app code, but it should at least be technically possible.

Has Netflix or RIM ever pubically stated why there is no netflix app? Numbers too low? If it's just money, it'd make sense for RIM to just pay for the app, as in the end they'd come out ahead anyway ... even if it's just from a marketing standpoint.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

remember the petition?

Netflix: Offer Support for RIM Blackberry Devices

http://www.change.org/petitions/netflix-offer-support-for-rim-blackberry-devices?utm_source=share_pe...

BlackBerry would have a team of developers at Netflix's door in 24 hours if they asked for it

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-would-have-team-developers-netflixs-door-24-hours-if-they-asked-it

Bringing back memories:

http://crackberry.com/netflix-we-don%E2%80%99t-have-any-current-plans-support-blackberry-devices-inc...