Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
lefthandedone
My Device: PlayBook 32g
My Carrier: None

Netflix/Vudu?

When will RIM start supporting online streaming from companies such as Netflix and VUDU?  Great product, but a lack of software support it seems.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Netflix/Vudu?

[ Edited ]

lefthandedone wrote:

When will RIM start supporting online streaming from companies such as Netflix and VUDU?  Great product, but a lack of software support it seems.

They are currently in discussion with Netflix with regards to BlackBerry 10. PlayBook will get BB 10. No guarantee on BlackBerry (RIM) being able to secure this company. Petition Netflix, NOT BlackBerry.

Source http://nerdberry.net/2013/01/30/blackberry-in-talks-with-instagram-and-netflix-to-make-blackberry-10...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blkbryabe
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

I contacted Netflix, they told me that they've been trying to get BlackBerry to enable their devices to play Netflix for a year without success. It is In Blackberry's court. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lefthandedone
My Device: PlayBook 32g
My Carrier: None

Spoke with Netflix a couple of days ago and was told it should not be long before BB devices using OS 10 would be able to stream Netflix.  Hope that is true.  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

I spoke with NetFlix a few days ago and was told it was BlackBerry who were stopping NetFlix from appearing on the PlayBook.  I find this hard to believe. Regardless I stopped my subscription and told them I would not be restarting it until a NetFlix application is released for the PlayBook /  BB10.  Let's hope this does not turn into another drama like the Skype for BlackBerry scandal.  

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.