Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
cdnkid
My Device: z10 & 64gig playbook
My Carrier: telus

Netflix

Any plans for netflix on the playbook?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Netflix

Netflix says no.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Too bad people can't search the forums to find the 1000 other posts asking this exact same question :-)
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

I agree but I also think the shear volume of topics and the diverse responses/solutions leads people to just re-ask their question again.

Since this is a support forum of users and not a RIM company forum, we get several responses. Some posters state the issue is Netflix others state the issue is RIMs. Neither of the responses are officially from RIM and the response from Netflix was not in the way of a news release.

I notice several questions asked about the same issue, but with different wording and/or more specific to their scenario/use.

A lot of the questions are general and lack some specifics yet we see responses without always knowing the details and i seldom see an answer on how to prevent the issue from re-occuring.

Several questions can be answered by referring the user to a link or the instruction book.

I think it says a lot to those people on here that are willing to take the time to answer the question and attempt to provide some assistance. It speaks well of their character and their patience especially when they know they might have to answer the same question 2 gazillion more times...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Well part of the problem is that the forums moderators allow this clutter and does not have it in there term. PLUS the ignorance on the newbies and them being lazy.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jecsc620 wrote:

Some posters state the issue is Netflix others state the issue is RIMs. Neither of the responses are officially from RIM and the response from Netflix was not in the way of a news release.

Netflix has specifically answered me with " We have no plans at this time for support of the PlayBook". Sounded official to me.

Answering the same questions 100x on a forum is nothing new in the world. There are people who just will NOT search for a previous answer no matter what. I haven't looked, but I bet there are at least 100+ threads on Netflix, alone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdnkid

So if all of us netflix users start bugging netflix they will have to change there line

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdnkid

And just for all you so called experts that spend every minute on here. Arnt all the posted questions a repeet. Really how many new questions are asked on a daily basis. Prity much you can search any question on here a get a hundred diferant answers. Thats the point of it. To ask a specific question about a specific subject the day you have the question. Technology changes everyday and so do discussions on how we use them. I come here looking for answers to my questions because the people that frequent these blogs tend to have the relevant  answers. Sorry if I'm waisting your time. I'll go to the media for the answers. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Then why ask the friggin question again. Search prior to posting. You will get your answer quickier.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdnkid

Things change everyday. So a question that was asked two days ago and the answer given then maybe irrelevant. If you don't like the question because it's repeated then don't answer it. Move on. It's your choice to come in here and give a snarky answer. If you see the title and it says netflix don't click. It's that simple. Move on

Please use plain text.