Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
vader7071
My Device: Torch 9850

Re: New Bridge & BBM

@Icu_2, I was having the same issue with a PB in my office.  I tried those steps and it booted perfectly.

I am in a lucky position to have 4 PB's to work with, so tracking down the issue is easy for me.

I had a PB that would not connect.  Tracked it to the PB and did a full power down on the PB and then powered back on.  Connected perfectly.

- When life hands you lemons, find someone with a paper cut.
New Contributor
Icu_2
My Device: Playbook 64G - BlackBerry 9810 (OS 7 )

Hey dperlberg,

Haven't given up on you buddy,

Try the same steps as I mentioned earlier with a few changes that I've posted in red this time around.

Try the following:

Turn off bluetooth on both devices so that they stop communicating.

Turn off your Playbook.

Clear your phone's cache by turning off the phone and then removing the battery.  After about 30 seconds, insert the battery back in your phone and wait for your phone to turn on.

Find BlackBerry Messenger on your phone and even if its version 5.0.3.22, delete it from your phone. Once that is done, restart your phone as prompted. This will clear the cache from any residue left in memory by BlackBerry Messenger.

Next, find BlackBerry Bridge on your phone and delete it.  Again, restart your phone when prompted so as to clear the cache from any residue that the BlackBerry Bridge might have left in memory.

Now go to the App World and look for BlackBerry Messenger it should be version 5.0.3.22.  I found it in the featured items today. click on "Reinstall" when prompted. You might have to log in to App World like I had to do before I was able to download it.

Once BlackBerry Messenger is installed, on your phone turn on your BlackBerry Messenger and agree to the License Agreement when prompted.  Close BlackBerry Messenger.

Next, type http://bit.ly/Bridge83so6 if you have OS 6 installed on your phone or type http://bit.ly/Bridge83os5 if your phone's Operating System is version 5.  (Make sure the "B" is a capital letter as shown above or you will not get the download prompt) Press enter.

Turn on your Playbook.

Once BlackBerry Bridge is installed on your phone, activate the BlackBerry Bridge on your phone and turn on the Bluetooth on both your phone and your Playbook and pair them up if you haven't done so by adding a new tablet inside the BlackBerry Bridge.

Hopefully the BlackBerry Messenger icon will now be pushed to your Playbook.

Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

By the way, I'm running Blackberry Bridge 1.0.0.83, BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.3.22, on a Bold 9700 running OS 6 and AT&T is my Carrier.

Contributor
dperlberg
My Device: Z10

@Icu_2: I will give this a shot. Please note that I do see the BBM icon in my bridge. When I open it I see the screen start then it closes and I get the BBM error 13 in the information thing in the top left.

awall
My Device: Bold 9700

Thank you.

Did what you explained and it worked. Made my day

Thanks again.

Developer
greenback
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

BlackBerry Bridge is awesome. New BBM included. ALSO, video chat is out!

woohoo. *jumping up and down* more reasons to love my PlayBook.

Contributor
dperlberg

@Icu_2:

Any info on how to delete my BBM on my Torch? I dont get the delete option like I get on my other applications.

Contributor
dperlberg

@Icu_2: Ha, well did what you described above, and now i dont even have the BBM icon on my PB like i did before

New Contributor
milwaukee_bronze
My Device: 9550

@dplberg

lcu_2's instructions are very thorough.

One thing to check...  Is BBM being presented through the bridge?

On the Blackberry, open BB Bridge, Click on your Paired Playbook (Should have a check mark next to it) click Device Properties from the menu.

You should then see a list of the enabled services.  Does BBM appear here?

Contributor
dperlberg

@milwaukee_bronze: I never new that list existed. Thanks for that info! Its not showing there even after following Icu_2's instructions (which were very good). I think im hitting the point of wiping devices.
New Contributor
Icu_2
My Device: Playbook 64G - BlackBerry 9810 (OS 7 )

@dperlberg

I'm with you dperlberg.  At this point I would wipe the Playbook and restore it to factory settings using the wipe feature found in the Security tab of the settings.