Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

rodmax
My Device: Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: New Device - Unable to download software update.

I too have a similar problem. Just purchased the 64GB model yesterday, completed all the initial steps and then was prompted to update software. I have tried 10 times now and each time I reach 293MB of the required 297MB of the software update, it just stops. I then get a message to restart and try again. Very very frustrating for a new device. I noticed this post stated the issue was solved. Well not for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jetjet101
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi

Mine did'nt get resolved so I had to return it back and plan on buying after summer when hopefully the device is ready. I was told by bestbuy that it was my wifi that has an issue though because they were able to update it from their store. I will wait until summer.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jybenedeyt
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: swisscom

I'm getting a similar issue. BBPB was bought in US. I'm doing the initial 'steps' from France.

The download does not even seem to start (stuck at 0%).

If someone has a bright idea ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
appbuild
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Tablet
My Carrier: Verizon

I reached the blackberry support team on the phone.  They had me install the blackberry desktop manager version 6 in order to perform the upgrade on my playbook.  Once you startup the desktop manager and plug in the playbook, there is a popup dialog box that comes up rather quickly that ask whether you want to update the device.  Answer YES and the download will begin (of course you must be connected to the internet).  Note however that the Mac version of the desktop manager 6 does not work correctly with the playbook, so you better have a Windows machine to work with (virtual or otherwise).  Hope this helps.

P.S.  The download and subsequent update took about 1.5 hours.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jybenedeyt
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: swisscom

Thanks for your advice. I managed to do it like this but initiating the update update process was not straight forward. I hope RIM can improve this. It took around 8-10 hours due to my slow internet connection. I had a good surprise when i woke up.
Please use plain text.
rodmax
My Device: Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Etisalat

Just as a quick update to my previous post, where I was unable to download update. I tried it at home where it worked fine. Not sure whether it was some firewalls at work that prohibited it, but it worked fine, but as little slower at home.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swapnilsaurav
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

I have reset the playbook and now trying to install OS ver 1.0.8.4985. it goes fine everytime upto 10% and after that it hangs and after about 5 minutes I get a message "Unable to download software update". My internet connection is fine. This must have happened more than 10 times now.

Please use plain text.
Transisto
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

It's the 50th time I retry downloading the update,  it can stop anywhere in between (...97% what a joke)

I think i'VE downloaded a total of 20gig for this 340mb update

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shaq164
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

i'm having this same problem now, bought my Playbook today and unable to get past the update part of the setup.  Tried about 50 times and no such luck....!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raghu35
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

hi,

I just bought playbook few days back and have been tring to get started with it. The error ranges from 2011, 3001 etc. I have used multiple wi-fi networks but in vain. Some thing is stuck some where and the device simply will not update.

plz help.

Please use plain text.