Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
__Ramon__
My Device: Playbook

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

[ Edited ]

1. Bug with russian calendar is still here:

2. "File Manager -> Video" doesn't display *.mkv files

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

__Ramon__ wrote:

1. Bug with russian calendar is still here:

Is that bug the spelling of "октябрь", or the fact that your calendar thinks it is the 2nd and not the 3rd?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
__Ramon__
My Device: Playbook

Yes, the spelling.
On the screenshot below must be "октябрь 2012" instead of "октября 2012".
All other views of calendar seems like a correct.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

dsj wrote:

Downloaded and installed with no issue. Since no one has sent me a text, I have yet to see the new text interface  :Wacko: 

However - using the computer and cable that the PB was charging on this morning, I now get the message "Unable to charge battery with connected source".  

I would like to see some workarounds or fixes for that!

Not a bug, just a new warning about what was always the case, ie usb on a pc is barely enough power to keep up with playbook discharge.  it was in the beta.

My Device: Two PB's

Downloaded in Uk . Upgrade from 2.1 beta to 2.1 proper was seamless. Tested all my apps including sideloads.  390MB download,  well pleased. 

My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

[ Edited ]

My updated BP is still OK. I had an unnerving delay, before email started up the first time. Now it works fine.  The only program still does not work is my sideloaded Skype, but somehow it is not a surprise. 

I had an annoying problem with the predictive text in OS 2.0 as well as when running OS 2.1 beta. Sometimes it disappeared. The spellchecker regressed to underlining misspelled words without suggestions. Restarting the Playbook solved the problem but what a pain!  I hope they fixed it. So far so good. On the same topic if you look at the keynote speech RIM highlights this feature,  demoing it on BB10 phone.  Apparently it can figure out the language you type. Thorsten was saying it works for him in English and German. Well it works for me in English and Hungarian. While not perfect, it is still mindboggling. On the international market this must be a huge hit. Can any other phone or tablet do this? PredictiveText even text on the language you type? I gave up using my PC when writing Hungarian. 

Yes, I did read the spelling problems above on the Cyrillic. Calendar. 

By the way, if anyone wants to follow Skype issues, there is a thread for that topic. Please make your notes, comments regarding Skype there. 

New Contributor
srevac
My Device: Blackberry 9300

I discovered I did backup but when I did a Restore nothing in my calendar, email or contacts was there. Anyone help?? Thanks
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

[ Edited ]

Was your backup made using OS 2.0 or 2.1 beta?  If you are trying to restore from a backup made under 2.0 restore may not work. 

R_B
New Contributor
R_B
My Device: playbook

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

Did anyone try Skpye with the new OS! Is there any compatible .bar file which can work alongwith the camera?

New Contributor
martinmcconnell56
My Device: 9320

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

I have updated the new update but can't see anyndifference can someone help