Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

[ Edited ]

R_B wrote:

Did anyone try Skpye with the new OS! Is there any compatible .bar file which can work alongwith the camera?

No, Skype, will not work with the camera at this time. http://www.blackberryos.com/blackberry-playbook-operating-software/32123-discuss-playbook-os-2-1-bet...

A Skype beta will work but only with CHAT, not the camera. See the above link for a copy of the beta.

For the record (because this WILL be asked) neither does Netflix or Instagram.

Please use plain text.
R_B
New Contributor
R_B
My Device: playbook

I thought they would finally do something for the video chat in the new OS but it seems Skype won't be compatible with playbook till BB loses all its share! So, whats new with android apps! Anything new happened with the new OS!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

martinmcconnell56 wrote:

I have updated the new update but can't see anyndifference can someone help

You won't see any visible difference, other than in the BRIDGE folder, you will see a new SMS text icon IF you are bridged to another BlackBerry smartphone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
martinmcconnell56
My Device: 9320

Thanks got it sorted did not know I had to update bridge on my phone.

Thanks for the reply

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roonster111
My Device: Playbook 32gb & Z30

No joy wih update of either mine or the wife's PB.  Downloads approx 470 mb and then installs it but fails right at the end!  Very annoying...

Have had about 8 attempts so far....

Any thoughts would be greatly received

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

How about backing up your media and files and then doing a factory reset? Which is essentially a security wipe (nuke) and will wipe your data and restore the PlayBook to factory condition? You will have to reinstall any applications you have purchased through the App World. It sounds like you have corruption somewhere on your install and to me at least, it sounds like a factory restore is the only way to get back and running for you with the latest OS installed. It's drastic, but it will work. Make sure you backup your important data first though...once gone, it's gone.

To reset your PlayBook, you'll need the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software, a micro USB cable, a computer, and - of course - your PlayBook. Start Desktop Software on your computer and turn off your PlayBook. Yes, turn it off. Use the USB cable to connect your PlayBook to the computer and wait. After a moment, you should get an error message saying Desktop Software cannot connect to your PlayBook.

Click the "Update" button that's in the middle of the other two buttons, follow the on-screen instructions, and wait. Desktop Software will take care of downloading the OS and installing it to your PlayBook. The process could take up to an hour; make sure you keep your PlayBook connected until told it is safe to disconnect. Once finished, you'll be required to choose languages, set the time, sign in with your BlackBerry ID, and make final updates to the operating system - just like you did when you first received your tablet. After you're done, you'll once again have a working BlackBerry PlayBook.

Roonster111 wrote:

No joy wih update of either mine or the wife's PB.  Downloads approx 470 mb and then installs it but fails right at the end!  Very annoying...

Have had about 8 attempts so far....

Any thoughts would be greatly received

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FVivolo
My Device: Playbook

Hi,

i installed the new OS without any problem but after using the playbook all day when i ask to turn off, it did not turn off complete leaving the backlight on. but. now is in a state that i can not start it again and it not goes to complete off.

any idea or anyone had the same problem?

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roonster111
My Device: Playbook 32gb & Z30

Thanks for that chaos. Had reached the conclusion that debricking might be the way forward, butwas hoping to avoid it as I'd had to do the same last week after another unrelated issue. Where's that usb cable..........

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
survivant00
My Device: Playbook 16 gigs

I'm not able to receive the update.  I always got a 66048 error message.  Can I force the update from the BlackBerry Desktop Software ?  (and is it possible to update without wiping data ?)

thanks

Please use plain text.