Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

Strange as i have never seen it for all the time i have had my playbook? Also the so called free app update problem still persists and still asking for my payment option even though i have gone into blackberry app world and searched for the apps and they are still free? So far everything else is working as it should and my android apps are loading fine to, google seems a bit slow as had to click 4 times on the link to get on here to log in! Not sure if any of this helps but just thougt i would report my experience with the new update OS 2.1.0.1032

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sdemian
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobily SA

One strange issue happens with some Android apps inside AppWorld. They are listed properly but clicking on some of them, a "Not connected to App World" message is displayed while other applications are accessed and installed successfully.

I believe this might be related to the RIM server in Saudi Arabia as when I'm trying the same from the Smartphone, a warning of expired certificate is being shown but I can proceed afterall

Shady E.
Egypt | Saudi Arabia
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dennism
My Device: playbook 32gb
My Carrier: speakout

[ Edited ]

Well, installed it.  Since then the email receipt time is corrected but email has hung twice and now get certificate warning(warning ok i guess).

Get an error that email has been interrupted and need to restart.  The complete tablet has hung at least 3 times requiring reboots.  Either hung or busy and not responding forever!!!

Ridiculous results for my update.  I would like to go back 2 releases if I could.

Not impressed.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
huseinayash
My Device: Blackberry Toch 9860, Blackberry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Mobily

I've got OS 2.1.0.1032 but video chat is missing and android apps is not connected to cam....any one can help to get video chat on os 2.1.1032....

Hussein Ayash
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sdemian
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobily SA

For the video chat, it might be filtered based on location. To retrieve applications like video chat, edit your saved wifi connection and add a proxy server - you can google for free US proxy servers to select an active proxy - then do an update check from playbook settings. For the Android apps, you should clarify: were these apps working before updates? Did you bring them from AppWorld or you side-loaded them? Did you previously installed any Android Launcher?
Shady E.
Egypt | Saudi Arabia
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Android player does not and never has had access to camera. If it did then Skype would work. 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Blackberry

I restored my Playbook via Blackberry desktop from the begining and when finished doesn't find networks to pass at the next startup step.Something goes wrong with this OS version.I restored it 3 times and nothing yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jacknife3200
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

well now i cant get my 9780 to tether with it, will find it when i manually search, but wont connect. any one else suffering this? if this keeps up i might be forced to buy the new Ipad mini, as thats what i want the playbook for its size! come on BB, your better that this!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
madhatterpa
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi only

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available - but now problems with paid apps and upgrades

Upgrade went well. But now the Apps in My World that had Updates available before the. 1032 upgrade either now want me to purchase them again I.e. Confirm Purchase, or say they are authentication then a few seconds later error out with error id:35005,  Doing a App refresh keeps telling me that app world can't talk to app world servers.. The thing is I can install a new App and anything I uninstalled is no longer listed.. Refresh here also fails.. Tried to reset blackberry I'd, uninstalled the paid app then tried to reinstall.. Asked me to purchase again... I hope I'm not out all the money I have invested in Paid Apps this year! 

Did this upgrade cause me to loose App upgrade ability for those Apps I had installed and paid for? Couldn't find anything about this issue with a quick search in the forum.. Help! the link in the 35005 error popup was no use at all on what the error means either..

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available - but now problems with paid apps and upgrades

Do this again:  Article ID: KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.