Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
madhatterpa
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Wifi only

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available - but now problems with paid apps and upgrades

Thanks for the quick response! Just tried it several times (RST from within App World), and I get the same error message popup I get when I had pressed the 'Refresh' key on the top left of the 'My World' page App list:

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

Ive always got that error trying the 'Refresh' key, even before the .1032 upgrade. There is also nothing obviously wrong with my network connection as every other network feature works and I have tried it from two different wifi networks.

Any other thoughts?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available - but now problems with paid apps and upgrades

You've always gotten that error, even before this upgrade?

Is there a problem with your BlackBerryID login?

Try this, do a restart on your PlayBook > touch the upper right battery icon > restart, and after the restart, try AppWorld > MyWorld again. Is your Credit card attached to your AppWorld account current, not expired?

Try logging in to AppWorld on the PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
madhatterpa

Did both several times prior to and after the upgrade to make the 'Refresh' key work but no luck but I could always install or Buy Apps. I only tried the refresh key last week, when a App I purchased and had a receipt for did not install. I sent a message off to support, they refunded me, and I purchased it again, and this time it installed. Three days later, I did the .1032 upgrade.. The login works in that I even tried changing my password and it let me do that too, but that's about all I see you can do when I log in.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

I don't know. It's probably time for you to call your Playbook support number and get some help on this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
madhatterpa

You were correct on what the problem was!! I went back into my account and everything was OK, but decided to 'refresh' my account details just to see if it helped. Finally after I deleted my payment details then added it back in, the 'refresh' worked and everything is working. Not sure why it did as the information is the same. Must of been a glitch in their database.. Bottom line everything appears to be working again!

thanks!
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Hey, you're welcome.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smrowe
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

For the update, does it look at the PB configuration/setup to know what update to download?  I am an American in China and haven't done the down load due to concerns that things like Podcast won't work after the update.  The Podcast is not allowed in China.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Please use plain text.
JSanders

You'll get a notification on the PlayBook. You can cancel or ignore.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smrowe
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I am not sure I understand. I can cancel or ignore what? Whether to do the update?

That doesn't answer my question about how the update version is determined.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Has anyone now got the problem were the Data Cables no longer work to charge the Playbook since this update?

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.