If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

mprahn
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

After update all my of my e-mails and adresses where wiped out.  Would have been nice to know that I should have backed it all up.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

mprahn wrote:

After update all my of my e-mails and adresses where wiped out.  Would have been nice to know that I should have backed it all up.

The problem is this, even if you had backed up, there is no way to restore the 'on-device' calendar and contacts if they are not also synced with some 'cloud' service, like a gmail address.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
madhatterpa
My Carrier: Wifi only

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available - but now problems with paid apps and upgrades

[ Edited ]

:No:

Looks like one day later, and I'm back to square one with the App World problem! The RST after a restart, after resetting my payment option at the Blackberry App World website, and deleting and recreating my wifi connection profile, finially fixed the Refresh and unable to update existing Apps problem I had right after I did the .1032 upgrade..  Thank you for all your quick response and help! Really appreciated!

However.. 

today after seeing that a few Apps with updates were hung in the downloading decided to do another restart of the Playbook to see if that would allow me to continue, but now found that in doing so the My World screen takes forever to load.. Green progressive circle spins for minutes.. Then once the App Update list finally displays, any update button I press now asksvme to Sign in with my blackberry I'd.. I then sign in, see the authenticating message, but in all cases it comes back with the original error that I had doing this after doing the .1032 upgrade which was:

Error - There was problems completing this purchase. Please try again or visit BlackBerry App World Support for more information. (Error I'd: 35005) - OK

.. No its not oK!!!?.. First I was pressing update, not doing a purchase, second there is no reference to Error Id: 35005 on the link identified in the error message.. And lastly I did not have any issues with doing this over the last 6 months before the .1032 upgrade!!

So now I go back to the website to check my payment options for the third time, and it tells me BlackBerry is doing upgrades to the site for improvemenfs to better service its customers..  ugh! I hope they don't consider this an improvement in service!

Bottom line if you purchased a lot of Apps, better save those purchase emails, cause its most likely going to take time working with BlackBerry App World support to reconcile these App upgrade issues after you do the .1032 upgrade!  

..At this point I'll just wait to see if things calm down and go find all my email receipts for the tons of Apps I purchased just in case it's not fixable so I can get my refunds..   This said, I would not recommend the .1032 upgrade to anyone who relies on their Playbook for Business, as yes I too have the missing Calander & Contacts entries as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
climb45
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

Thank you JSanders and Roonster111.  I have now debricked my Playbook and the Calendar is back working again. 

I was surprised to find that  the password I had set on it had been retained, even though I did not carry out a restore from my previous back up.  I thought debricking put it back to factory settings.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

[ Edited ]

Nobody got issues with USB Cable then as per my last post? If all good then at least i know im not wasting my money when i go and buy some more?

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mrneon8 wrote:

Nobody got issues with USB Cable then as per my last post? If all good then at least i know im not wasting my money when i go and buy some more?

No problems here with any USB cable since the upgrade. Nope.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Ok i'll have to go and buy some new ones then as they worked fine before the update was added to my Playbook and now they will "Only" act as Data Cables and i now get the message from the Playbook " The USB Cable is not sufficient to power this device".

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8

Well got all new cables and makes no difference at all as i still cannot charge the Playbook from my PC since this update and as you can imagine im not a happy chappie, i have read on other forums regarding this issue so i know im not alone and this issue needs to be resolved :Censored:

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rogerogeroger
My Carrier: Rogers

Internet is not working after upgrade OS to 2.1.0.1032.

Playbook connected to the WiFi but non of the internet apps are working.

Restarted few times. deleted the WiFi and reconfigrated. Nothing fixed the problem.

Please help to connect back to the internet.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

mrneon8 wrote:

Well got all new cables and makes no difference at all as i still cannot charge the Playbook from my PC since this update and as you can imagine im not a happy chappie, i have read on other forums regarding this issue so i know im not alone and this issue needs to be resolved :Censored:

I have posted about this previously in another thread. I can not find the thread at this second.

The PlayBook is indeed charging but at trickle charging rates. You can verify this by testing it over hours of non-use but plugged into your computer.

That notification is a new addition and it is by design. The USB specification by design does not supply enough power to charge and use the PlayBook at the same time. It WILL charge it if you shut the screen off as well as any Wi-Fi radios or BlueTooth connections. Your computer will have to be on at the same time - the entire time. It will take HOURS to charge the device - like 8 or more. I used to know the exact amount of power flowing into the PlayBook through the USB cable but I can not recall it. Let me just tell you that it is not sufficient to really make it worthwhile doing it this way.

Long story short, the PlayBook is not broken now. It is exactly the same as it was before but it just has a new, confusing and annoying pop-up notification that you reacted to and are now suddenly questioning.

Having a few extra USB cables are nice. But hopefully you can return them if you don't need them.

Please use plain text.