Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Reply
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available


rogerogeroger wrote:

Internet is not working after upgrade OS to 2.1.0.1032.

Playbook connected to the WiFi but non of the internet apps are working.

Restarted few times. deleted the WiFi and reconfigrated. Nothing fixed the problem.

Please help to connect back to the internet.


I think it's your router settings. Trust me. I have been through this previously with an OS 2.0.1.XXX update. Review my post here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/WLAN-Problem-since-2-0-1-358/m-p/1914499#...

 

I have screenshots of my router settings and discuss my findings there. Try this and then report back.

 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎10-01-2012
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

[ Edited ]

Hi there the problem is it is not charging at the rate it used to and consumes the same power as the 5v Wall charger supplied so makes no difference, also when plugged into my 5v Solar charger it charges the same as the wall charger, RIM has placed a PC connection block to USB for charging purposes and yes the notification comes up but ONLY When plugged into the PC, the PC i use has no issues with charging anything over USB other than the Playbook since the OS update so its RIM's software that is blocking it which i have also confirmed by spending extra money buying more USB Cables. Still not happy and want the old OS Back so i can use what funtions i had :Censored:

 

p.s. Also PC USB 2.0 and HS runs the higher 5v same as the Wall Charger at 5v and my Solar charger at 5v upto 1000mA so has nothing to do with my PC not being powerful enough sorry as they all run at 5v!

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

[ Edited ]

mrneon8 wrote:

Hi there the problem is it is not charging at the rate it used to and consumes the same power as the 5v Wall charger supplied so makes no difference, also when plugged into my 5v Solar charger it charges the same as the wall charger, RIM has placed a PC connection block to USB for charging purposes and yes the notification comes up but ONLY When plugged into the PC, the PC i use has no issues with charging anything over USB other than the Playbook since the OS update so its RIM's software that is blocking it which i have also confirmed by spending extra money buying more USB Cables. Still not happy and want the old OS Back so i can use what funtions i had :Censored:

 

p.s. Also PC USB 2.0 and HS runs the higher 5v same as the Wall Charger at 5v and my Solar charger at 5v upto 1000mA so has nothing to do with my PC not being powerful enough sorry as they all run at 5v!


Well, as I mentioned, mine charges fine using the USB cable but extremely slowly. This is the same behaviour as previous OS releases before 2.1. There is no OS block created as you mention. They only added a notification warning - nothing more.

 

I am running the 2.1.0.1032 OS release and it works fine. YES there is a new pop-up notification. It makes no difference if you dismiss this or not - it still charges my PlayBook but the screen and radios have to be off. I have tested this several times with success each time.

 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rogerogeroger
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
My Device: Playbook

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

Thanks chaosdivine. I tried to setup like you wrote on the other post and my rouder doesn't have the option to change the frequency. So I took my Playbook again and checked the IP address and found it is using the same IP address I set up for an IP camera. So I manually insert a different IP address and it works fine again.

Thanks for your reply.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
madhatterpa
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎10-08-2012
My Device: Playbook

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

I'm one of the ones still having issues with App World after the .1032 update but just seen the pictures from chaosdivine showing two steps and a need to push the restart.. Bottom line I seen the first picture where it said it was downloading, then got sidetracked for about 15 minutes to come back and see my PB was (I assumed) rebooted after the install. I thought this to be true as when I went in to see what version it was, it told me .1032...

This said, and since I never told it to restart after the download, could it be my upgrade did not occur properly.?? Assuming that maybe there was a problem, and why I'm experiencing issues with App World and Android Apps, is there a way to FORCE a reinstall of the .1032 install?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎10-01-2012
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

Thanks for the reply but i have to disagree im afraid as the Playbook "well mine anyway" never took 8 hours or so to charge via USB from my PC Rig and i have a hefty Rig. Being that my Playbook also charges fine from a Wall/USB Charger socket much like the Apple wall charger makes it certain that RIM has placed a charge block to PC's. I would however be very greatfull if you could forward me the OS Profile from RIM that states that this new feature does not block PC USB Charging as i cannot for one fine anything on the subject regarding the new OS 1032 and as many more people are now finding this problem its not just me that is trying to make a fuss!

My only issue's are the charging via USB from a PC Rig and the lame lack of USB OTG other than that im happy so far with my Playbook :Dots:

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available


rogerogeroger wrote:

Thanks chaosdivine. I tried to setup like you wrote on the other post and my rouder doesn't have the option to change the frequency. So I took my Playbook again and checked the IP address and found it is using the same IP address I set up for an IP camera. So I manually insert a different IP address and it works fine again.

Thanks for your reply.


You're welcome. I hope it stays working for you. I know nothing is more frustrating than having an Internet dependent tablet that can't connect to the Internet!

 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

[ Edited ]

mrneon8 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but i have to disagree im afraid as the Playbook "well mine anyway" never took 8 hours or so to charge via USB from my PC Rig and i have a hefty Rig. Being that my Playbook also charges fine from a Wall/USB Charger socket much like the Apple wall charger makes it certain that RIM has placed a charge block to PC's. I would however be very greatfull if you could forward me the OS Profile from RIM that states that this new feature does not block PC USB Charging as i cannot for one fine anything on the subject regarding the new OS 1032 and as many more people are now finding this problem its not just me that is trying to make a fuss!

My only issue's are the charging via USB from a PC Rig and the lame lack of USB OTG other than that im happy so far with my Playbook :Dots:


Simply put, your desktop's USB 2.0 "host" port is designed to output no more than 500mA at five volts through USB cable. That's 2.5 watts---which is less than a typical PlayBook consumes while running (mine is currently using 3.4W).

 

Thus my wall charger needs to supply more than 3.4W to do any actual charging at all. The blue USB 3.0 host ports can handle up to 900mA, or 4.5W, so you might try that.

 

Also be sure you're not using an usb hub, it will share power between ports.

 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
Posts: 511
Registered: ‎09-16-2012
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

[ Edited ]

madhatterpa wrote:
I'm one of the ones still having issues with App World after the .1032 update but just seen the pictures from chaosdivine showing two steps and a need to push the restart.. Bottom line I seen the first picture where it said it was downloading, then got sidetracked for about 15 minutes to come back and see my PB was (I assumed) rebooted after the install. I thought this to be true as when I went in to see what version it was, it told me .1032...

This said, and since I never told it to restart after the download, could it be my upgrade did not occur properly.?? Assuming that maybe there was a problem, and why I'm experiencing issues with App World and Android Apps, is there a way to FORCE a reinstall of the .1032 install?

Yes there is a way to force a reinstall of the OS. You will lose all data on the PlayBook so back things up before hand. You can redownload all your apps from App World once it's working once more, and in your case, hopefully it is after this or I'd be mad too...you need to download and install the latest version of the Desktop Software.

 

Follow this tutorial. http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/11/downgrade-playbook-os/

 

Though the tutorial is for an older OS release, the steps to take are exactly the same...

 

Do not do a Security Wipe, it only removes the data on the PlayBook and does not refresh the OS.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎10-01-2012
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

Hi again and thanks for the continued support but i have no HUB's and my USB is the HS3 and everything works no problem cheers other than the Playbook? As per previous please could you provide the information from which you are getting regarding the New 1032 RIM OS that states its cannot support any type of USB Charging?

Also my Wall charger is only rated at 5v 750mA and works 100% so my USB HS3 should be charging it all up fine as it does everything else thats pluggd into my PC Rig??? My Solar Charger is 5v 1000mA and charges it fine, my USB/Wall charger is 5v 1A and charges fine. The fact is that the PC i use charged my Playbook within an hour or so NOT 8 or so up until the 1032 update so clearly RIM has done something regarding this and as you seem to be the only one reporting against these issues from us i for one would like to know the infomation regarding it please just to put it all straight rather than everybody speculating its this, that and the other if you know what i mean.

 

Cheers

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.