Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

[ Edited ]

I am downloading it as I write this, I keep you posted

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032 is here

Further info and details on 2.1.0.1032

New BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 Update Now Available: 3 Reasons to Download

Three of the new changes:

1. Updated BlackBerry Bridge: Now you can view, respond and compose new SMS messages on their BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet when connected to a BlackBerry smartphone over Bluetooth®. You’ll also enjoy increased performance and speed of other BlackBerry Bridge functions as well. So you can do more, more efficiently. Txt away, my friends.
  2. Email and PIM Enhancements: You’ve asked for it and we’ve delivered portrait support for email, calendar and contacts, giving you the option to use your tablet in either orientation to message. This will definitely come in handy for those of you who enjoy thumb typing in portrait mode like I do.
  3. Improved Android Application Support: Includes Multi-Window Applications, Camera Support and In-App Payments. We all love a richer app experience, and with the improvements to the Android runtime, that’s just what you’ll get. Running the applications in separate windows allows you to multi-task between Android apps easier, and in-app payments will make it easier for you to enhance your app content. Game on!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mike_302
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Updated... Seems to be a common problem for everyone: All Android apps won't load anymore...

Way to go RIM!

UPDATE: Waited 15 minutes and the problem seems to have fixed itself... Odd. Immediately after the update, I tried loading some Android apps and they would just stall at the BBloading screen... Tried and retried for 5 minutes. Tried again 15 minutes later and they loaded fine!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

Be aware: Filesize varies by location. Mine is 340 MB (Alberta), others can be larger or slightly smaller. I have no idea why yet. Also, this update is only for Wi-Fi versions of the PlayBook, not for LTE carrier based PlayBooks apparently as they require carrier approval.

I don't make the rules - just sharing some info I came across.

I'll add some screen captures in a minute once the update process finishes.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mine was 399 meg, restarting mine now

yeah carrier approval isnt fun, they need to train staff first before releasing it to heir customers

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

I also have a new icon on my desktop: Video Store

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

chaosdivine wrote:

I also have a new icon on my desktop: Video Store

it put that on your PC?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

No on the PlayBook. I don't recall putting that there but I did put on EventSeekr (great program to find live events by the way) so I am not 100% sure I didn't do that myself but I don't recall doing it. I WAS up pretty late last night so it is entirely possible I did that. I wasn't drinking either - honest :smileywink:

I should have said application pane I suppose - not desktop. It's engrained in me now I guess.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

mike_302 wrote:

UPDATE: Waited 15 minutes and the problem seems to have fixed itself... Odd. Immediately after the update, I tried loading some Android apps and they would just stall at the BBloading screen... Tried and retried for 5 minutes. Tried again 15 minutes later and they loaded fine!

Mike, since that isn't a problem, why don't you edit your post so future viewers of this thread don't become alarmed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

chaosdivine wrote:

Be aware: Filesize varies by location. Mine is 340 MB (Alberta), others can be larger or slightly smaller.

That's common.

A friend in Bangledesh, his update is 468mb.

The upgrade filesize is determined by region, languages included, applications included as well (some apps don't work in some countries).

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.