Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

New PlayBook?

I'm just wondering, does anyone know if there will be a new PlayBook when BB10 comes out?

I don't wanna buy a PlayBook now just to see a new one in six months and regretting that I couldn't wait...

If anyone knew it would be cool to know!

Cheers.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 - PlayBook 64GB

Re: New PlayBook?

[ Edited ]

A PlayBook 4G with a faster processor should be coming out in the next few weeks (rumors are July 31st with NFC, twice the actual price).

Regarding the actual Wifi PlayBook, there will be an OS update to BB10 coming in a few months. I don't know if the hardware will be updated or not, but the 16gb seems to be discontinued leaving the 32/64gb options on the market.

I currently own three PlayBooks and am happy with them, they're fast enough and with BB Bridge and hotspot from my 9900, I don't need a 4G PlayBook, but it's up to you.

Super Contributor

Ok, I see your point.
But I'm just thinking why buy it now just to see the next edition PlayBook come out six months later, then I feel like its better to wait.
Or will the BB10 PlayBook just be a downloadable upgrade??

I didn't know that you couldn't use WiFi on the PlayBook, but WiFi is not why I would buy one, I'm never in a WiFi area anyway...

Anywaysss, cheers
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

all playbooks have wifi

new playbook will have a 1.5 ghz CPU,

old playbook has 1.0 GHZ CPU

Mine is plenty fast and dont see a need for a 1.5 CPU yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor

And the 1,5GHz will be released with the other BB10 releases?

Will there be any difference with like apps and functions, like I heard something about running Android apps and buying the apps through the Google Play store, can you do that now on the current PlayBook?

I'm just curious, if I don't buy a PlayBook now I will take the motorcycle drivers licence and wait until the new PB comes out :smileytongue:
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

habbitzz wrote:
And the 1,5GHz will be released with the other BB10 releases?

Will there be any difference with like apps and functions, like I heard something about running Android apps and buying the apps through the Google Play store, can you do that now on the current PlayBook?

I'm just curious, if I don't buy a PlayBook now I will take the motorcycle drivers licence and wait until the new PB comes out :smileytongue:

It can already run android apps packaged for app world. You can side load apps too.

you will no be able to use google play on it

All Playbooks will be getting BB10 from what I have heard.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor

Thanks mate :smileyhappy: that's what I wanted to know

Cheers