Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
leoanas
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

New Playbook First Use Error on OS update to version 2.1.0.1055

I just bought a new BB Playbook on Amazon and I'm having trouble on my first use, the os update always fail. The download was complete and installation reaches 100% but in the end it says Update failed and requires a restart. I have done this several times already and I have no luck! I am using a wifi connection at home which is pretty decent. Can anyone help me please, I don't know what else to do as this is my first tablet. I would appreciate any help from you guys. 

New Contributor
leoanas
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Re: New Playbook First Use Error on OS update to version 2.1.0.1055

sorry that is supposed to be 2.1.0.1088
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: New Playbook First Use Error on OS update to version 2.1.0.1055

If you install the Desktop Software on a PC you can use that to update your PlayBook.

While switched off, connect your PlayBook to your PC and start the Desktop Manager. Next, turn on your PlayBook. 

The Desktop Manager should prompt you to update the PlayBook. Click on Update and follow the instructions. 

Good luck. 

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!