Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
ClearBlueSkies
My Device: Q5 / Curve 9360 / Playbook

New Playbook at zero percent battery after 4.5 hours Rapid Charger charging .. Help please!

Hi,

I switched on my Playbook 64GB yesterday for the first time and went through the initial setup stages eg BB ID, WiFi and pairing with my 9360 ... all OK ... then it said the battery was critically low and setup would resume once it reached 20% charge.

So today it's been charging for more than four hours (with the green light pulsing).

Yet when I switch it on it continues to say that the battery is at zero percent! Shouldn't it have moved from zero ?

Could it be a battery problem or am I being too impatient or could it be something else ?

I have tried the reset holding down the power button for 20sec, then attaching the Rapid Charger and the green light once again starts to pulse.

I have tried connecting it to my laptop which recognises the device, but then says that the setup procedure must be completed first.

Any ideas ?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New Playbook at zero percent battery after 4.5 hours Rapid Charger charging .. Help please!

wioth rapid cahrger it should be done after 4 hours.

then hold power button for 20 seconds

the battery monitor might need a few charge recharge cycles to calibrate

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ClearBlueSkies

Re: New Playbook at zero percent battery after 4.5 hours Rapid Charger charging .. Help please!

Thanks for your reply.

Did a boot and continues to state zero percent battery ... so I've put it back on charge.

Suppose I should wait for the green light to go continuous ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JohnyBGood
My Device: Playbook & 9810 Torch

When you are charging, is there a lightning bolt through the small battery icon at the top right of the screen?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ClearBlueSkies

[ Edited ]

Hi JBG,

No there isn't ... I've just realised that I should be stack charging !!!

For some clear stack charging instructions : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/playbook-doesnt-boot-760142/#2

Cheers.

Please use plain text.