Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
suz2403
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: aol

New Playbook wont charge - what can I be doing wrong

Hi there, so frustrated Im about expire!, bought my daughter a blackberry playbook for christmas.  After much waiting yesterday for me to get advice from my internet provider on how to connect to the internent (which we've now achieved), I find that it just wont charge.  We put it on charge yesterday and I now realise it didnt charge at all.  Its saying it has no battery power and cant do any more start up until it reaches over 20%.  However, I dont see what I can be getting wrong here!, although Im not techy, there are two leads which came with it, one to the electricity point which Ive connected into the middle slot on the three at the bottom of the playbook and when then failed to get any reaction Ive tried connecting to me laptop without any reaction to the playbook either.  Its brand new purchased from a big electrical retailer and opened only yesterday.  what a disaster, is it a dud.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Playbook wont charge - what can I be doing wrong

My first suggestion would be to immediately return and exchange it at that big retailer.

Alternatively, LEAVE it connected to the wall outlet charger (not the USB > PC charger).
Leave it connected for 24 hours... every 3-5 hours, press and hold the power button only for about 20 seconds. Eventually it will boot on up, but first must reach a certain charge level.
You will see the blinking red and perhaps yellowish LED light, and perhaps a symbol on screen of "no battery". That means the battery is drained, but it must reach a certain charge before powering on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suz2403
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: aol

Thank you very much for responding.  I will try this.  Im back at work tomorrow and will take it back but in the meantime will see what happens with it for the rest of the day, very disapointing.  thank you again for your help. Best wishes, sue.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I understand, I would be similarly disappointed.

Good luck with it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.