Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Slider9499
My Device: Playbook OS 2.0
My Carrier: Verizon

New to Blackberry - Apps and Docs to Go Question

I am in the market to buy a tablet. My wife owns an iPad but it lacks Flash, ability to attach docs and a few more annoyances. I came adross the Playbook via an ad in the WSJ and was very impressed after reading and reviewing the product. Before buying it I had a few questions that I couldnt find the answers to and was hoping that the group cold help me out 1. Am i able to easily attach Word type docs to emails, online forms (job applications, etc)? 2. How robuts is the app store? I read that it was supposed to be integrated with Android but have not seen any confirmation as of today 3. I am in the marketing/advertsising/PR industry so I am always reading online. How capable is the Playbook when it comes to supporting and rendering online newspapers and specifically magazines i.e. Zinio pubs, etc.? 4. Does anyone feel that the size is too small given the all the hype over 10" tablets? 5. Lastly, how would you compare it to the Samsung Galaxy, Amazon Fire or the iPad ( I know this is a very subjective question, please be kind). This was a bit of a lengthy post and I appreciate your patience. Any help and advice you can give would be appreciated. Peace, Slider9499
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Supperman
My Device: Curve 8350i + Playbook
My Carrier: Cricket

Re: New to Blackberry - Apps and Docs to Go Question

[ Edited ]

The price is reasonable, the security stable, the market is still improving with a lot to be desired - it has enough to suffice, some applications have been ported from Android with a few still needing to be debugged, Zinio is preinstalled on the tablet, the size is almost perfect for me because I prefer something comfortable basically useable in one hand for portability and you can easily access media sites. ( depending on your connection or how many other things you got open at the same time but ten is a fair amount for me ) 

My wife has a Ipad and I like my Blackberry better but it does have more beta like problems that often consume a few minutes here or there. 

I almost forgot about your documents question because I never really need it but the Playbook SHOULD be capable of housing DOC files and attaching them but not sure or if a Microsoft Word program exists in the store. A lot of ways you can work around it by using an online processor like at Google, if on the internet at the time. 

Please use plain text.