Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
icoachtrack
My Device: Playbook 64gb

New to the Community - Lost an icon..how come?

I have a64gb Playbook and i plugged it ito my computer about two weeks ago to transfer some pictures onto it.

Halfway through the transfer there was a power outage in my building and everything went down.

Next day when I turned on my Playbook, two things occured

1. my wi fi shows working yet no window comes up to sign in....why?

2. the power off icon is gone yet a new icon has appeared...an app from "Zinio"

so now to turn off or put my playbook on standby i must hold the button on top...why is this happening and what can i do to get my power on/off icon back?

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: New to the Community - Lost an icon..how come?

The power upgrade was removed by the last update, use the battery bar to do the same function.

The wifi issue in would reboot the router and delete your wifi profile and set it up again.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
icoachtrack
My Device: Playbook 64gb

Thankyou..what about the "zinio" icon where do you think it came from and how do I get rid of it?
I don't understand to wi fi instruction
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

The update.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

icoachtrack wrote:
Thankyou..what about the "zinio" icon where do you think it came from and how do I get rid of it?
I don't understand to wi fi instruction

You do tend to get useless or unwanted icons such as zinio, twitter, facebook..... Just touch and hold til they wobble then hit the trash icon.

It is extremely unlikely that a battery powered device would be affected by a power outage even if connected to another, and if the wifi icon shows green, then it's connected. However as aandras said  restart playbook, delete saved connection in PlayBook,  (Settings, wifi, Saved Networks) and reset the router to factory settings, connect afresh.

If still problems and it's definitely not the router, use settings, security, security wipe to get back to factory state, but be warned this deletes all your data, and you need wifi to reload the OS. If the interrupted transfer damaged the data catalogue it may be the only option.

I repeat yet again, people are happy to use an on off button on a flashlight, why do people shun this noble device on a tablet?  You don't need your glasses and you don't need to put in a password. 

Short push - standby

Longer push - power dialog

Looong push - forced restart

Simples