Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Evans48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Tablet

No Direct support for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet - why not I just bought it?

I've just bought a playbook. It says it comes with complimentary technical support for 90 days form the date of purchase. I have attempted to register the device using the S/N number as required and I get the following:

Unfortunately, your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet does not qualify for Complimentary Support. You can, however, get assistance using incident based support from Research In Motion.

Why? grrrrrrrrrrrr

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: No Direct support for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet - why not I just bought it?

Where did you purchase the PlayBook?
New Contributor
Evans48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Tablet

Re: No Direct support for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet - why not I just bought it?

Costco. (sorry for not replying sooner). 

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Here are the RIM Offices in the UK area. I am sure they would be happy to assist you. The PlayBook is an excellent tablet.
RIM Europe (EMEA Headquarters)
200 Bath Road
Slough, Berkshire
United Kingdom SL1 3XE

Thames Valley Court
183/187 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire
SL1 4AA

Centrum House
36 Station Road
Egham
Surrey
TW20 9LF

Harston Mill
Royston Road
Harston
Cambridgeshire
CB22 7GG

M-Stack
Albert House
Quay Place
92-93 Edward Street
Birmingham
B1 2RA
U
M-Stack
Vincent House
Quay Place
92-93 Edward Street
Birmingham
B1 2RA

Torus Building
Scottish Enterprise Technology Park
Rankine Avenue
East Kilbride
Glasgow
G75 0QF
Contributor
SWEETASHUN
My Device: Playbook

same problem with me ? i bought it from canada, and i realize that the battery has expanded, the back part of my playbook is buldging out, i am just wondering if it will be coverd under warranty.?  and how do i get in touch with them.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

How much of a bulge is there? They all bulge a bit. You can return it for exchange to the place where you purchased it. Here is the RIM contact info
Rim Support Tel:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405

Playbook French Support in Canada:
http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
Phone : 800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

It should be. The complimentary support is just for help setting it up.

If you visit http://blackberry.com/support and follow the link for PlayBook you should get a phone number you can call, and RIM support will be able to help you.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!