Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 02

No Facebook profile pics?

hi all im wondering why I cannot see any of my friends  profile pics? ive checked for updates but nothing??

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: No Facebook profile pics?

It is a known issue on Facebook for Playbook. RIM is aware but I don't know when a fix will be implemented.
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Facebook often change their API's with little or no notice. In fact, from a development standpoint FB is quite unstable. They frequently break other peoples apps Then it may start working again for "no reason" after a few weeks or months once they get round to fixing the bugs.

As the problems didn't start after a FB app version update, I suspect FB is the cause, not RIM.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: T-mobile

I have the same issue with the profile pictures on Facebook.  I rang Blackberry Playbook support yesterday and they said "it is a known isse and they are working on it but don't know when it will be sorted!"  The advised that, in the meantime, " if you search for Facebook in your Browser and sign in to Facebook all your Account information is there, including all your Profile Pictures etc".  That is what I do now and it is brilliant - I only had to sign in the first time I did that.    It would be GREAT if this issue was sorted - and I think they should get it sorted out SOON but this is good to know in the meantime!!!