Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No WIFI Saved Network on PLAYBOOK (VPN Profiles)

Tell me what you consider a "hard reset"?

And, what is a "fix up setting"?

I'm not trying to be a hard a$$, just curious what you consider those two things (Lots of users have different ideas of what a 'hard reset" is, and I've never ever never heard of a "fix up".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
savs1701
My Device: PLAYBOOK

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of a full security swipe, i.e. start all over again.  As for the other settings, is there any other places within the configuration menu that could have an impact on this situation, such as the Security setings?

Or should I just try the 10 sec on-off button option?  Right now, I have connected the PLAYBOOK to my laptop and BB Desktop manager is updating something on the tablet...in process...

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

savs1701 wrote:

I was thinking of a full security swipe, i.e. start all over again.  As for the other settings, is there any other places within the configuration menu that could have an impact on this situation, such as the Security setings?

That's a Security Wipe, not a hard reset or whatever, or even an armadillo :smileywink:

I'd recommend the Security Wipe. Backup of the device first, and don't restore any options until you get the WiFi settings to save.

savs1701 wrote:

Or should I just try the 10 sec on-off button option?

Same as the Restart you've said you've already done.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
WiredDan
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

I am having the same issue with my PlayBook dropping Saved Networks on reboot. I am a bit reluctunt to wipe out all of my data just because of this glitch. Is there any other option? If not, how can I be sure that the Security Wipe will actually solve the problem?

New Contributor
fredhollingsworth
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. I'm running OS2.0.1.358. I can connect at the office and home only if I reenter the connection info for the office or hit the WPS button on my home router. My PB also shows Loading VPN under VPN Profiles, I don't use VPN connections on the PB. If I power off or restart I loose my saved connection. As long as I stay on, it shows up under the save network connections. This has been happening for about month now. I've only downloaded apps from app world so I'm hoping that isn't the issue. If I have to, I'll try the hard reset (after backing up my data). It has worked correctly after the OS2 update.

Visitor
jay_wehrst
My Device: Playbook

I'm having the same problem with my son's playbook - we can connect manually to our wi-fi but the profile is lost when the playbook is turned off.  We have to re-enter it manually to re-connect, not convenient when my SSID is 19 and PW is 40 characters long.  Also, the VPN Profiles box has "Loading VPN" in it which is not required, but can't get rid of (I suspect this is the problem for some reason).  This started after a trip to another city where my son was using his Playbook.  FYI - I use WPA2 personal and hid my SSID (both Router and Playbook side) for maximum security.  My wife has the exact same playbook model and she doesn't have this problem on the network - ever.  All other wireless devices work fawlessly with my home network.  So, my understand is that this issue has been solved but it wasn't clear in the forum thread.  If solved, what is the solution precisely.  Any assistance here is much appreciated.

Visitor
CanadaJack
My Device: Playbook 64 GB

Having the same problem as the other people. Did a full security swipe after doing a backup. Tried to restore my files and I get a boxsaying the software on the tablet is incompatible with the data on the backup file. Latest update has been done on tablet.