Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
grahamneden
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

No coutries listed in Agreement drop down - after OS resinstall due to red flashes

I experienced the red blinking LED issue already widely reported. The only route out was to re-install the OS via my PC (BlackBerry Desktop offered the option). However the reinstallation did not complete for some reason and now the Playbook gets to the point of showing the agreement, but the dropdown for country is empty. This is NOT the wifi issue where the agreement cannot be downloaded - there is not even a list of countries to select from.

I would try and re-install the OS again, but Desktop says I need to complete the PlayBook setup first. So I am stuck and unimpressed by the lack of quality on the product.

How can I recover from this, or is the device "bricked"

Graham

Please use plain text.
JessicaClahane
My Device: Bold/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: No coutries listed in Agreement drop down - after OS resinstall due to red flashes

Did you solve this issue? I am having the same problem and can't find an answer anywhere :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
mikaur
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No coutries listed in Agreement drop down - after OS resinstall due to red flashes

Yes, I had this problem.

Try to restart the device by holding down the power switch and vol - and vol+ buttons down simultaneously for about 15 seconds.

http://www.berryreview.com/2011/04/21/how-to-perform-a-hard-reset-on-the-blackberry-playbook/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cherylyn
My Carrier: telus

I tried the hard reset as described, but still canèt get the countries to come up on the agreement...anybody have any other suggestions...besides tossing it out a moving vehicle :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

KB26582
Google the above BlackBerry Knowledge Base Article. It may help you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cherylyn
My Carrier: telus

I already tried the hard reset, by holding down the start button and the volume +/- keys.  I tried that several times and after restarting each time, i would still get stopped at the same point where the countries on the agreement come up.  Still nothing.  At this point the machine is trash, I hope not, I passed it on to my grandson after upgrading myself to another laptop.  We did the memory wipe as described we should, he's got a different blackberry ID.  Now it's toast. Got the kid all excited for nothing apparently.  Thanks RIM!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Call RIM
BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea

Can you access the Date and Time Setting. Make sure the PlayBook has the correct time. Incorrect time may cause problems with the setup. Tap the Gear Icon top right. Scroll down to the bottom of the list to Date and Time.
Please use plain text.