Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
paul0000
My Device: Playbook

No emails appearing in activesync subfolders

I'm having a really frustrating issues which will soon drive me to an ipad!

My work exchange account is setup fine on my playbook (running latest 2.1) and it syncs my inbox, deleted and sent items fine. I can see all my subfolders and when I open one and click refresh all I get is "no messages".

I have tried all type of permutations, pushing the sync button at the bottom, restarting playbook, deleting and readding my account all with the same end result - empty subfolders.

I ditched my bold 9900 foran iphone because couldn't handle subfolders and I must say my email now works flawlessly on my phone! Why not my playbook?  It is the only thing with my playbook that really frustrates me. 

Can anyone help before I order an ipad 7" when they are announced soon?!

Thanks.

New Contributor
gilern
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

Re: No emails appearing in activesync subfolders

Hi Paul,

I posted 2 days ago with exactly the same problem and I am really hoping somebody will be able to advise.

I was wondering whether connecting by IMAP to the  Microsoft exchange email system from the Playbook would make a difference. Have you tried this?

The reason I say this is that I only moved my email onto Exchange this weekend and the IMAP connection to my previous provider meant that all the IMAP files and folders synchronised perfectly!

Let me know and if not, I'll give it a go.

Kind Regards

Giles.

New Contributor
paul0000
My Device: Playbook

Re: No emails appearing in activesync subfolders

Hi Giles,

Unfortunately, I can't test IMAP as our exchange server doesn't have this feature turned on.

But I'd be interested to know how you get on - and importantly if it sync's accurately.

Thanks,
Paul