Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ddayphoto
My Device: Bold 9780

No remote control of Playbook OS 2.0 with handheld 9780

Am I missing something here?

I spent 2.5 hours trying every configuration I can think of and still no option for remote control of my Playbook using the handheld. Yes, I did attempt to follow the PDF instructions first, and second, and... Then just gave up and started deleting apps, re-installing apps, re-initiating pairings, etc.

Remote control of the Playbook appears to be a missed target for RIM.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: No remote control of Playbook OS 2.0 with handheld 9780

what version BRidge do you have installed?

my fix to make it work

delete the BlueTooth Bridge profiles on both devices, update bridge app if not done already

Then perform a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry smartphone powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC.

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

setup bridge again and see if it persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
ddayphoto
My Device: Bold 9780

The fix to this is a little unexpected...

All original pairings must be dectivated, then deleted. Most important is to delete the BB Bridge app from the handheld unit. Simply searching BlackBerry Appworld does not generate the message of "Upgrade Available" for the Bridge app. This can only be accomplished through the setup of Bridge on the playbook after installing OS 2.0.

Initiate the Bridge setup on the Playbook. Select "Install Now" to initiate the download and installation of BlackBerry Bridge to handheld device. Open Appworld on phone, select "Scan Barcode" from full menu. This will display the updated version of BB Bridge for the phone. After that, all is as it should be.

The main difference here is that the updated BlackBerry Bridge for your handheld is not available through standard means on Appworld. It requires that you use the barcode system from the Playbook in order to locate the correct version. Perhaps this is RIM's way of keeping tabs on the number of Playbooks using the updated versions.

New Contributor
cbswaim
My Device: Playbook & Tour

Thanks - I didn't do these steps exactly, but deleting the Bridge app from Bb Tour and deleting the BT profiles helped. I re-paired the PB and Tour, and only then did I get prompted for a new update to the phone Bridge app. This occurred *after* I had already redownloaded the Bridge app (version 1.0.7.4). The right updated version is 2.xxx and it offers the remote control features.

So, quick check for those of you wondering where the remote control is, first check your handheld's Bridge app version. If it's not 2.xx, then you are missing the software you need. - Chuck

Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

Remote control of the Playbook appears to be a missed target for RIM.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

How my bb and pb work well and now issues. maybe something in not correctly setup. are there any other devices running on Bluetooth while using the remote application?
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Regular Contributor
kotji
My Device: Os7.1

On remote