Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

No sound in website videos

Many websites I go to have embedded videos.  When I tap the video it plays but no sound comes out.  This is true if I go to news sites or general interest sites.  Oddly if I browse to Youtube in the browser there will be no sound.  But if I use the goofball Youtube PlayBook app there will be sound for the same videos.

Why?

Regular Contributor

Re: No sound in website videos

Uh hello.....

Is this a problem for me only, or is everyone else just living with it?

DA

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

[ Edited ]

I have only experienced this problem with videos stuffed with ads.  If I try to go past the ad insert point after the ad fails to load for whatever reson, then I get no sound and more than likely the controls won't respond.  I then have to reload the web page to get things working again.

In the situation where sound fails to play for a video, sometimes I find I have accidentally tapped the sound button that sends the player to mute.  This mute setting seems to carry over to different YouTube videos on different sites, probably because they all point back to YouTube itelf and the lst saved settings.

If you want to have us help you check things out, perhaps you can point to the web pages containing these videos that fail to lay sound for you.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Regular Contributor

Mr Enygma,

Thank you.  That was the problem.  The little mute button in the corner was on.  It only showed up in movie trailers.  Now that it is unclicked all embedded videos have sound.  Oddly the mute button is rarely visible.  

Thanks again.  D.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

@dwaynea:. Glad I could help. :smileyhappy:

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB