Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
DarthBook
My Device: PlayBook 32G

No sound on playbook

I have had my playbook for a couple of months without real issues until now..... I was using the playbook view a videoand suddenly the sound stopped (with the speakers). It then said headphone volume instead of speaker volume.

I read the forums and they suggested that I should insert / remove / re-insert a number of timessnd this should solve the problem however I have now also lost the sound in my headphones can someone please help?:Sweatdrop:

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: No sound on playbook

Is this just video or both music and notification. Possible you muted the volume?
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
DarthBook

Hi, I have no sound on anything! Movies, notifications or music ;( I have checked that the volume isn't muted. As I stated it shows headphone volume but even when I actually connect headphones there still isn't any sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Forums Veteran I
aandras

I would contact RIM and get a RMA for replacement.
New Contributor
DarthBook

How do you contact RIM without paying them the £40 pounds for support?? (once you are out of the 90 day complimentary support??)

Sorry for being thick but I think paying £40 pounds to tell them that their product has broken is a bit off!!

Forums Veteran I
aandras

Just call support to tell the you want to send your pb in for repair they will give you a RMA.