Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: No touch screen response

...actually, after i run the setup and I get the error (below), i get stuck on the page of choosing the language on the tablet. Obviously I cannot do anything on that stage since there is no resonse to touch screen.

"setup hasn't been completed for the connected Blackberry Playbook tablet. Disconnect your device and finish setting it up (or complete the setup), then reconnect it to your computer."

I cannot progress from there!

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Playbook & Blackberry Curve 3G
My Carrier: Bell

Re: No touch screen response

[ Edited ]

I know this is gonna sound crazy but bear with me if you are having touch screen issues. I ordered 2 playbooks... one for me and one for my spouse. The first one arrived and I had no issues swiping thru the screens and going thru all the setup screens. The next day the second one arrived and I could not swipe thru the screens for anything!!! After many tries and increasing frustration the thing that finally solved my problem was HAND CREAM. I work outside in a cold, dry environment and my hands get quite dry. Once I put the hand cream on I swiped thru the screens with no issues at all. Apparently if your fingertips are too dry the touch screen will not respond to them. For those of you having issues, give it a try!!