Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: DU
Accepted Solution

No video chat application on my playbook

Hey guys,... HELP!!!!!!

Purchased a new 16gb playbook yesterday and was surprised not to find the video chat application which is available when you update to OS 2.0.

Is it true that the video chat application is not available in Middle east? If that is true then how come I have the video chat application on the old playbook I own.

Well just wanted to enquire that I will be sending the new Playbook to India. will the chat application be available if a set up is done in India or is it the case that any playbook device purchased from Middle east will not have the video chat application by default.

Contributor
My Device: BES 4.0
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: No video chat application on my playbook

Try to update. Sadly middle East's appworld is full of junk.

God is Great
New Contributor

have already done that.. doesnt seem to work

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Check this page out for a list of apps available in a certain region on the PlayBook:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27203&sliceId=2&cm...

As for why it would be on your old PlayBook, I've noticed that early releases included all the apps - and then that was changed. The only two ways to get around this is to either sideload the video chat app or use a proxy in another country to set up your new PlayBook.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks buddy...

well one last question.. I have purchased the device from Dubai and will be sending it to my parents in India.

Will the video chat app be available of they set up the playbook in India, although the device is from UAE.?

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

It doesn't matter at all where you buy the PlayBook from. The key is where you set it up.

You may find that even if you've set it up in one region, another regions apps become available as an 'upgrade' when you move - but I wouldn't bank on this working everytime.

Just look at the list and see which apps you *really* want and set it up in the appropriate location.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks mateSmiley Happy