Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

maxy03
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 64GB

Not Charging

Hi I've had my playbook for a while now and all of a sudden the plug for charging will not fit in the slot correctly and will not charge, I have one for my car also and it does the same thing... I don't know how to get it fix and where if I can send it to get it checked??? What can I do?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Not Charging

Here is the playbook support number, they will have some repair options for you.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/tablets/playbook/contact-support.html

My Device: Playbook

My wife's playbook has the same issue. If you're not eligible for direct support  the support link is no help at all. BlackBerry claims a 1 yr warranty but gives no contact info. What to do now?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

I've never called the number listed above. Do they offer other repair options if its not under warranty?
My Device: Bold 9900

i have had my playbook for a couple of months and now it wont charge. The red light goes on and then goes off after a bit. No power left now. Best buy says its has been over a month, not their problem. I dont want to buy a 75 dollar charger and find out that wasnt the problem. What now? Put my serial number into support and it says no luck for me and offers no alternatives. Am I really supposed to supply a credit card for them even to tell me where to send it. Not expecting so little info available. Shouldnt have to come here for help but here I am.

Help

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Can you call them at 1-877-644-8410

Did you buy your playbook brand new or refurbished from best buy?

Here is their policy on refurbs.  You've had it only for a few months so best buy should help.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/regularCat%3Apcmcat163600050055/Refurbished-FAQ/pcmcat163600050055.c?id=...

If you bought it new then can you get an excahnge?  not sure why they said its not their problem.  maybe find a supervisor or manager.

Returns and exchange faq:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Returning-In-store-Purchases/pcmcat260800050015.c?id=pcmcat2...

My Device: Two PB's

If it's been one month you should have up to 90 days free support from day of registration so you must have 60 left even if you registered on day 1
My Device: Bold 9900

I got the number and did call them although it said i wasnt eligable for support, been 93 days. Support staff was very helpful, extended my coverage and are sending me a new charger.

It was a brand new playbook. Best buy sold me a rocketfish charger that didnt work. Best Buy should have been decent and just switched out the charger for me like I asked but i guess I will just shop at stores that provide customer service instead of 20 bucks cheaper,.

I am a happy camper now althought chargers are on back order and might be 3 more weeks without my playbook which sucks.

Not gonna cost me anything so guess I am ok with that.

Thanks for the number, appreciated..

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

good deal!

My Device: Playbook

I also got the number and called. Support fixed me up, will be sending the playbook in for repair.  very nice. very friendly support person too. Thanks BlackBerry

Please use plain text.