Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: 447877617356
Accepted Solution

Not finding any wireless networks

Hello all

Trying to help out a friend with his playbook. He insists that after a software update the tablet was failing to find any available networks to connect. It has been like that for a few weeks now and I suspect he might have dropped it without realising. Any suggestions before I send to RIM to have a look, hopefully under warranty (it was bought in December)?

Thank you

Evan

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Not finding any wireless networks

It should still be under warranty. Make sure the wifi is turned on. Yes it is silly but it could happen. Also try holding the power + and - buttons at the same time for 15 to 20 seconds. It should restart. Check wifi at this point.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Why do you suspect the PB was dropped? Maybe the battery is getting very low.
New Contributor

thank you. have done a few hard resets already and the battery is full. my friend says the fault emerged after the february os update. so i was wondering if there is anything i can do software wise before sending off to rim. it keeps searching for a network when multiple are available and my feel is it could be a hardware issue, hence the dropping comment.

thanks again

New Contributor

Problem solved. I re-installed the os by clicking on "update" when the tablet was turned off and unavailable. The os was then downloaded and re-installed which fixed the problem. Thanks again