Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
LuckyLeavell
My Device: Bold 9930

Number of Icons in Application Dock

The Help app states "There is no limit to the number of applications you can move to the dock."

However when I try to move the seventh one, it simply puts it back where I started from.

How can I put more than 6 apps in the dock?

Related question: I dumped the useless message, contacts and calendar apps in a folder.    But cannot remove these or their folder from the dock. Are these somehow "locked" in the dock?

Thank you,
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook

Re: Number of Icons in Application Dock

Six is the maximum for the top of the dock..  The calendar,  contact,  message app are pretty sweet if you give them a chance...but no you cannot remove them completely.  Hiding them in a folder on Friday page 7 should make it so you never have to see them.  

New Contributor
LuckyLeavell

I don't understand your last sentence. How would I do that? (I was just getting used to panes on my BB and PlayBook v1 and now I have to shift to this which seems much more limited.)

I think the mail, contacts and calendar apps are useless because there is no way to synch them with my BB. I already have my BB setup to mirror all mail to my home account on my mail server. I might look at the mail app again when I have time to set up IMAP on the mail server but then that is still not my BB. Sure I have BB Bridge but I had that in v1.

Thank you,
New Contributor
LuckyLeavell

I don't understand your last sentence. How would I do that? (I was just getting used to panes on my BB and PlayBook v1 and now I have to shift to this which seems much more limited.)

I think the mail, contacts and calendar apps are useless because there is no way to synch them with my BB. I already have my BB setup to mirror all mail to my home account on my mail server. I might look at the mail app again when I have time to set up IMAP on the mail server but then that is still not my BB. Sure I have BB Bridge but I had that in v1.

Thank you,
Contributor
laserblue
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I noticed that same problem after reading the documentation presented by the Help App and the User manual. There is no picture showing what part is the dock or what the home screen is. The first row of apps seems limited to six apps and is frozen at the top like a heading. There is no explanation of the small boxes that appear to represent pages of apps I can scroll through or how many rows of apps I can put on a page. There is mention of putting apps in folders but it seems the pages of apps are the folders and one can't create a folder represented by a named folder icon. There is no mention of how many pages of apps I can create that are represented by the small white squares. I also don't seem to be able to jump frm one white square to another but have to scroll through all of them to get to the box/page I want.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

move an app on top of another app to make a folder, then label the folder to you liking.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V