Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
Quila467
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

OS 1.0.3.1868

It has video chat now.  Does anyone know of any other changes?  Does RIM ever do a change log?

Still no directory support.  Standby can't be disabled.

Trusted Contributor
Quila467

Re: OS 1.0.3.1868

Still can't edit bookmarks in the browser, but you can add bookmarks to the home screen now.  When you add it to the home screen, it lets you pick a new name for the bookmark.

Regular Contributor
PeterRHawkes
My Device: PlayBook & Torch 9800

This update was supposed to allow Blackberry Messenger via the Bridge ..... how is this enabled as after updating I cannot see it?!

Peter H
Trusted Contributor
Quila467

BBM was added to Bridge earlier today.  You need to update BBM and Bridge on your Blackberry.  I had to reboot my Blackberry before I saw the updates in App World.

Regular Contributor
PeterRHawkes
My Device: PlayBook & Torch 9800

The reboot did the trick, thank you!

Peter H
Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer

There has been much discussion in the developer forum regarding GPS. This post confirms that

• GPS is definitely prsent and working in the PlayBook
  • The support has been much improved in OS 1.0.3
  • Support reps have been asked not to give out false information regardiung GPS support on the PlayBook
I am currently working on an app that relies on GPS support and would appreciate feedback regarding your own experience. Have things really improved?

Contributor
eprklims
My Device: Torch 9800 & PlayBook 64

I'm loving the new OS. 

Things I've noticed that are fixed:

1) some weird UI issues with BBM when I installed yesterday seem to be fixed (keyboard was hiding text)

2) AUTOTEXT!  It's working.  My full autotext from my Torch was working seamlessly in BBM and bridged email

Still would like to see:

1) Ability to backup PB - can't get it to work

2) WIFI music sync working like on Torch (greyed out songs you can click and downloads over wifi)

3) Itunes artwork - seems to only get some over.  I have all my music images in Itunes and even clicking refresh artwork doesn't bring them over

4) File/Directory structure

5) Site-specific browser emulation for some version of IE (6.0 or higher)

6) WIFI File sync - simply cannot see how this works.  I've enabled on device and it's not showing on windows 7 PC except when connected via USB

Trusted Contributor
Quila467

eprklims wrote:

6) WIFI File sync - simply cannot see how this works.  I've enabled on device and it's not showing on windows 7 PC except when connected via USB

It's not really a file sync, it's a network share.  You need to connect your PC to the network share to be able to see the files on the device.

You need to know the name of your tablet as well as the username.  The workgroup should be set to the same workgroup your computer is in.  These settings can be found on the Playbook by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner and then going to Storage & Sharing and pressing the Properties button next to Network Identification.

Wi-Fi sharing needs to be on and you should set a password as well.

You should be able to browse your network and see your Playbook.  If you can, connect to the media share using the username and password you setup on your Playbook.

If you don't see your Playbook, you might still be able to connect to it using the IP address instead of the Playbook name.  You can see what the Playbook IP address is by clicking the gear icon, then About and selecting Network from the drop down box.  It will most likely be the IPv4 address that you need.

On Windows, you can type the playbook address into the address bar of Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) like this:  \\192.168.0.2\media   That assumes that address is 192.168.0.2.  Replace that with whatever your IP address is.  You will still need to enter your username and password.

If that doesn't work, it may be a firewall issue on your computer.  Make sure your firewall allows you to connect to Windows shares on your local network and that your computer is connected to the same wireless network that the Playbook is connecting to.

Contributor
eprklims
My Device: Torch 9800 & PlayBook 64

Quila467 you ROCK.  Thanks this is now working.  I know I tried this with the last OS and DM and couldn't get it to work but tried now and it seems to be working beautifully.

Awesome!

Regular Contributor
ceroberts75
My Device: playbook

nice quila467...kudos