Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: bell canada

Re: OS 1.0.7 3312 stalled install

I just try to update my Playbook and got the same problem.
I did reboot and retry via the Wi-fi connection and got through the end of the download but now got a new problem.

The installation was interrupted just after finishing the download...

I retry 5 times now and still get the same message.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I took me two tries to get it downloaded. It might be busy servers or a faulty router between you and the server.

try again in a little while and see if you can update.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I have been trying all night to load the latest tablet os:

1) Through my home wi-fi connection, through a wi-fi hotspot in case there was an issue with my router

2) Through my Tethered blackberry

3)Through Blackberry Desktop

Methods 1 & 2 downloaded very quickly, the screen on playbook shows the install for a moment then I get the error

"Software Update Interrupted"

Method 3 Through BB Desktop the download takes a lot longer.  You can actually see the file names of what is being downloaded so this is more than just a flash update.  Long story short, after the download the first install fails, after the second attempt, I get "The loading operation was cancelled".

RMV

Torch 9860

PlayBook 64GB

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB - Blackberry 9700

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

Look at the blog for more info on it ....http://blogs.blackberry.com/
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Has anyone have any luck with this issue yet? I have a 16GB Playbook that's paired with a 8830.

1. I get a software update interrupted over WiFi
  2. Install Failed with Blackberry Desktop Manager. Said it was installing the update than failed.

I still have 3Gb left on the Playbook and More than enough room left on my PC desktop.

Does anyone know if there is a log file created somewhere when using the Desktop manager for an update?

Currently, I cleared the loader cache and will try to have it redownload the Playbook update files to see if it helps.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

8830? I think you might be mistaken.

What OS are you on? On your smartphone device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry had it half right ,

9630 (Tour) at 9630/5.0.0.975

Playbook at 1.0.7.2942

on a side note I didnt know I could do that to get the version and model, cool.

I am sure for what the update is I could just wait but this is bugging me a bit

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

That was a type o sorry. Still grasping touch typing. 9860. BB7 Os version 7.0.0.261
Don't see how ths relates to my PlayBook. Even more complicated is that I managed to get desktop manager to load the update by shutting the PlayBook down and pressing update on the desktop. The desktop tells me my pb has be successfully updated the device Info says 3312 yet it still promts me to install!
Guru III
My Device:

i usually reboot the Playbook before doing a update, just an old IT habbit.

I have used wifi update on all 3 playbooks we have at home

I did have issues with mine on first update day, most likely from server overload, but the next day the wife and kids playbook did fine.

I aksed about the model because I didnt want others to think it would work on the 8830 by accident.

only OS 5 and higher is supported.