Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

OS 2.0.1.358 Issues. -Please Read

I started a new thread because the other was getting too long and flaky.

Well please post your issue with last week's upgrade.   Just post the issue and the following.

Last OS verdion:

Andriod apps: did you sideload any yes or no.

Wifi secured ot unsecured

Battery level.  (mainly was it above 20% or higher

Was your playbook working properly prior.

Dm version.

Hope this is a start of a big help for those that need it. 

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 2.0.1.358 Issues. -Please Read

We're attempting to get the threadcrapping and whining removed out of the initial thread and moved into a its own thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras

Good it is really hard to follow with all the bs in that thread.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chuckles1001
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: It's a PLAYBOOK!!!!

Last OS verdion: The first 2.0 update released to general Joe Public

Andriod apps: NO

Wifi: secured WPA2-PSK (on a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti WHR-G300N V2)

Battery level. YES above 20%

Was your playbook working properly prior. YES

DM Version: Not Sure

I updated my Playbook the first time (3 times in total) from the Playbook itself over Wifi .... What a MISTAKE
After the 3 hours it took to update the playbook my Wifi connection would not stay connected for more then 5 seconds and when it was connected it is not really :smileysad: This was the start if the problem as it made everything else not work, no calendar, no Facebook, no email etc etc
So I tried a Security Wipe but due to my Wifi being broke (only connecting for seconds at a time) and the fact the Playbook makes you go through all the new user stuff when booting up it FORCED me to install the update again (I could not do it on my PC, as it had already started trying to update to the version that was already on there, why?????) This same update took 5 hours with the broke Wifi limping slowly. After this it was slightly more stable but only slightly i got 20 seconds use before the wifi would drop out. So I tried updating to the same firmware again this time using the PC and this time it took about 3 hours (for the same update!!!!)
Now I have a Wifi connection that sometimes lasts 2 seconds and sometimes 10 minutes, webpages do not load or take a couple of minutes where the connection is lost and connected over and over again. The calendar which used to tell me people birthdays now never does and most of the time3 does not work it is just contently trying to load it up, Contacts is the same, App world is slow, Youtube app stops and starts every 2 seconds and the loading symbol is constantly on the screen (I used to love this app be the newest update) Everything else that uses the internet is broke or to slow to be useful. Email works when it wants to, sometime it tells me I got an email 2 hours ago (thanks playbook) I could not open a 2mb JPEG file from an email as I just waited for 10 minutes (in the end i closed it and turned my PC on and had to see it that way). I really HATE this new update and not 1 thing has been improved for me, just broken.

I thought this is better then it had been but I wanted to go back to the first 2.0 update as this is so much more stable for me. I am so upset that my lovely toy that i really liked is now useless to me, and i am very close to takling it back to the shop as not fit for purpose!!!

I am in the process of trying to update my Playbook for the 4th time from my PC using the playbook software (I don’t hold out much luck). This time I have deleted my wifi connections & backed up everything again, and am going to force the PC software to reinstall the same firmware yet again.

I am so upset with this 2.0.1.358 update and jsut want it to go back to the first 2.0 update which worked so much better for me, I mean typing in hotmail.com and waiting 3-4 minutes for anything to come up on the screen is ridicules, and I have to type in hotmail.com due to the email client now not working!!!!!

Please RIM help me rather than RIM me (if you know what I mean) I am so upset with my paperweight that i had up until this problem been praising to people saying how great it is, and now i am like yes I know my mobile phone is quicker and downloads faster and is more useful, even though it is using the same Wifi settings and only has a 1ghz single core CPU and less the 300mb Ram (It’s an xperia play, so should not be better than my playbook)

Any help with fixing this massive problem would be very helpful, and please remember it worked a lot better with the old 2.0 firmware, so I don’t want to hear get a new router as every other device in my house works on it at -N speeds and so did the Playbook before this stupid new update, Thanks and sorry for my rant!!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras

Try the following

Set your router to open only temporarily. And set the mode to "G". Unplug the router for 1 minute and plug back in. Try to update or finish the setup.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Revord
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Last OS version: 2.0.0

Andriod apps: yes

Wifi secured 

Battery level.  around 50%

Was your playbook working properly prior. Yes

I havent had a problem with wifi until after doing the latest upate. My prticular issue isn't my connection, but that bbid thinks that I'm not conneted to wifi. If I connect to my hotspot on my 9810 I get no problems at all, its only when I'm connected to the router. I haven't had a chance to try it on other routers yet. I did my update via ota as opposed to dm. 

What I have tried is rebooting my router, hard resetting my playbook, and I also did try the kb30074 since that is my specific issue at lease as far as app world is concerned, and none of these things have worked to solve my problem. Is there something I missed?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chuckles1001

Hi, as i said i have updated it just took over 15 hours for the 4 times i have put the same update on, Rim are not being helpful at all with his issue!!! At the moment the pb is disconecting every 10 seconds (thanks rim) please allow me to downgrade from your untested rubbish 2.0.1.358 update
After i doing te update for the 4th time last night, now it says i have loads of programs that need updating but the internet connection is not good enough to update the games/software installed from the app world so i just have the icon saying i need to updqte them but cant cos rim have dropped a klanger!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chuckles1001

When you say it thinks your not come connected, are you sure it is connected d by checking the log, mine has the green connected symbol but when you check the log it is constantly connecting and disconnecting, and then every (arbitrary random time frame) it turns to a white wifi symbol and hen is def not connected. Mine seems to be more stable when connected through my phone via wifi but its so slow in my area :smileysad: so the connection problem for me seems to be the way it is handling the connection to the router.

Is there a freephone number to ring rim so i dont have to pay to fix a problem they created? Anyone!?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

So now we have two threads dealing with all the same and/or similar issues of OS 2.0.1.358

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox
My Carrier: None...wifi

I would just call them and insist that they give you support!
But you may have trouble convincing them because of only 3 users in here insist that their upgrades went fine. We all must have screwed it up ourselves.
I would be curious to see the wait times at their call centres this past week, to just see how many new users are having problems with this upgrade.
Please use plain text.