Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: OS 2.0.1.358 Issues. -Please Read

Dshanty wrote:
RIM should fix users flakey internet

No!

They should put out a quality upgrade!
You don't see issues with ms or apple like this.
This is skimping on testing and quality assurance plain and simple.

I don't understand the aggression of some of the replies of the veterans on this board.

This is a forum for help and community support, not deep chip on shoulder replies.

Relax everyone who doesn't have a problem with their playbook. You don't have a couple of hundred dollar paper weight as some of the users with problems do!

We are tired of wading thru the boards lokloing thru rants.  The issues RIM doesnot reply to tbesecboards.  They may ask a question.   Your 2 posts in the 1 st 2 pages have complaints be not solutions or questions.  If you cannot answer a question or ask a question then do it otherwise stop being a hindrance to people being helped.   CALL RIM CUSTOMER RELATIONS TO VOICE YOUR RANTS.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
Revord
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Is there no moderation function to remove posts that are unhelpful or trolling? I really need help, and I agree, there is a place for rants and so forth, but if we could get focused on the subject, I for one would be grateful.

Again, Im not trying to be a pain here, but I dont have it in my budget to pay for tech support, and communities such as this are my only means of recourse at this time. If there is no help, please let me know, and I will look elsewhere. But if someone knows something that might help my circumstances, please let the trolls starve.

Forums Veteran I
aandras

Revord wrote:

Ok, my pc went belly up, so i wasnt able to check my router settings, but its fixed now and here is what I've done:

First, its a linksys e1000. Not the top end router, but never gives me a problem. It runs b,g, or n, also does mixed mode, and b and g only. Its set for 20 mHz channel width, and I tested every network mode, with a router reboot just for grins and giggles. In every mode, bbid says I'm not connected to a router, or tethered. I would argue that point, because I am writing this with my bridge DISABLED. And, as I am writing this, i just got an email notification. When I did the update to 2.0.1, I did it wirelessly. Now, if thats the problem, then help me with a solution to downgrade, and I will upgrade via dm. However, this gives rise to the question: Why didnt this work right wirelessly? I'm trying to be proactive about finding a solution here, but I am far from being an expert, and am on a budget, so calling support is out of the question.

Several things

1.  Set the router to "G" mode.

2.  Set encryption to WPA2 AES.

3.  Set your password.

4.  Reboot or unplug your router for 1 minute.

5.  Delete the saved network from the playbook.

6.  Setup the wifi network.

Report back your results.

Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox

Sorry if you felt these were trolling posts.
I truly wasn't trolling.
I don't have the answer for any of rims problems.
No one on this board seems to, besides reboot or it's your routers fault.
I was simply encouraging a users who have problems to call rim to let them know of the problems that they are having with the upgrade.
Sorry you took it that way.
With no official tech support on this board, you're really not going to get any answers to any new issues that may have arisen with. Sw updates and such.
Sorry I don't have any answers for you. Good luck
We are tired of wading thru the boards lokloing thru rants.  The issues RIM doesnot reply to tbesecboards.  They may ask a question.   Your 2 posts in the 1 st 2 pages have complaints be not solutions or questions.  If you cannot answer a question or ask a question then do it otherwise stop being a hindrance to people being helped.   CALL RIM CUSTOMER RELATIONS TO VOICE YOUR RANTS."
"
jakoby4204
My Device: .

Keep it on topic and cordial everyone. Thanks!

Jakoby4204                                                                                                                          New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png
Regular Contributor
Dshanty
My Device: Playbox

Sorry about the improper quoting.
My post ended at good luck.
Visitor
Neotheone
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Did anyone else lose their "power icon" from their touch meu when updating to this OS?? Thats the only thing at this satge I can find missing. And does anyone know then how to re-install the previous version? Cause I want that icon back.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
aandras

If you were to read the other thread about the OS. Or searched the forums you would not be posting this question. Use the off from the battery bar.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Neotheone wrote:

Did anyone else lose their "power icon" from their touch meu when updating to this OS?? Thats the only thing at this satge I can find missing. And does anyone know then how to re-install the previous version? Cause I want that icon back.

Thanks

In any case the power icon contained errors. One of the icons did the wrong thing, like restart instead of standby . I thought it went with the original 2.0 if you did a wipe.

I come from a generation where things had an on/off button and the playbook has one which will put into or out of standby with a quick push and you don't need to find your spectacles. Just like a flashlight :0)

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I had done this previously but without deleting the saved network on my pb. I did that this am, and my problem is solved. Thank you for taking the time to help me with a solution. I do appreciate everyones input.