Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

OS 2.1.0.1032: internet over bridge stopped working after upgrade

[ Edited ]

Hi

Before the upgrade to 2.1.x, I was able to connect the bridge to my BB phone and then use the regular browser to connect to the internet (NOT the Bridge Internet Browser). I could also send and receive emails with my internet email accounts and -some- (only some, not all) applications also had internet access over the bridge. This is now no longer possible/working - I get a "Your BB Smartphone is unable to establish a connection to the destination server".

I have upgraded the Bridge on my phone, and all BB mail, calendar etc works fine, including the new SMS function, but I really miss not being able to do my other emails on the move and having to go to the Bridge Browser (not a big deal, but it means managing 2 sets of bookmarks.

The only other change is that I also received a new phone from my company, a BB Bold 9900 (previously a 9700) with OS 7.1 bundle 1149 (v7.1.0.342).. My BB phone bridge version is 2.1.0.23

Any thoughts/advice?

EDIT: Should this work this way at all i.e. can anyone else access internet emails etc when bridged or was my previous experience a fluke?

I apologize if this has been answered on one of the many other threads - i did do a search but nothing turned up-

Thanks

Thomas

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032: internet over bridge stopped working after upgrade

is possible your carrier is blocking it, can you download it from here that will not have the limitation

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Get-BlackBerry-Bridge-for-your-BlackBerry...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: OS 2.1.0.1032: internet over bridge stopped working after upgrade

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and the appropriate version for me is 2.1.0.26, so I typed in the link shown on the phone and got to the App world screen for the BB Bridge and found something weird:

when I checked the version of the Bridge on the phone by going to BB Bridge / About BB Bridge, it shows v 2.1.0.23. However, when I go to App World, it shows 2.1.0.26, as does Application Management (under Settings) in the phone. I just rebooted the phone, still the same result, and it still does not work anymore :-(