Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pbbd002
My Device: Playbook - 16gb Wi-Fi; Bold 9650

OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

After 2.1 upgrade:

1. Manually added contacts disappeared
  2. LinkedIn and Facebook contacts remained
  3. New Messages don't autofill existing contacts, unless readded manually
  4. All calendar entries disappeared, including Faceboo

How can I recover?

No backup, as Desktop Manager backup always fails.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seasiders89
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Me too. Calendar is all gone. I was using it as opposed to the bridge one, and now hugely regret it. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

I have heard conflicting information on this as some people have said that a full reboot and then waiting until the PlayBook syncs up with RIM's servers will fix this. But some of the other people that I have said that too have not reported back that indeed this has fixed their issues. How long ago did you update? How long has it been since you fully rebooted the device?

The reason I ask is to see if we can guage a trend here. I am also trying to find out some feedback from another forum.

Here is a copy/paste from one user "I initially had a problem with my emails not showing up but eventually they all arrived OK." Now that doesn't say contacts or calendars. I will keep hunting...

Another one: "Some reboots brought back contacts/calender... fb-birthdays gone, fb error on messaging..."

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

Lost calendar entries.  I only keep calendar on the Playbook.  Still it is upsetting. I was running  OS 2.1 beta before the upgrade. Maybe I can restore it, since I had made a backup under that version of the OS.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011

[ Edited ]

chaosdivine wrote:

I have heard conflicting information on this as some people have said that a full reboot and then waiting until the PlayBook syncs up with RIM's servers will fix this. But some of the other people that I have said that too have not reported back that indeed this has fixed their issues. How long ago did you update? How long has it been since you fully rebooted the device?

The reason I ask is to see if we can guage a trend here. I am also trying to find out some feedback from another forum.

Here is a copy/paste from one user "I initially had a problem with my emails not showing up but eventually they all arrived OK." Now that doesn't say contacts or calendars. I will keep hunting...

I had a few scary seconds before email loaded the first time. It took a 'long while'. Can not speak for manually entered contacts. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
srevac
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: bell

I too have lost my contacts,  calendar and most emails.  I have rebooted 4 times and tried a backup restore and still no luck. Any ideas.  Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

Ya, I just skimmed 34 pages of comments on the update over in Crackberry.com's forums and there are an awful lot of people complaining on contacts and calendars disappearing. There doesn't seem to be a reliable way to fix that yet from what I can gather. 

A fix for this one is going to have to come from RIM.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
msd1962
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: VodaFone

Hi,

I downloaded the update this morning.....I faced the same problem of email, contact, calendar not getting loaded....then I restarted the PlayBook...still the same problem.....so decided to wait till it loads all the details like emails, contacts and calendar. Finally everything got loaded without any loss of data...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zhouwg00
My Device: playbook wifi
My Carrier: n/a

I have the similar problem after the update.

1. Lost all of my local calendar appointment.

2. All the contacts appear twice on the list.

3. Email is fine. It is only sync with Yahoo Email.

I tried to restore data from 10-days-old-backup (from previuos v2.0 version), the problem is stil exist.

Anyone knows how to resolve the problem?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011

This is just an educated guess,  but I think most if not all problems are related to data not synced with another service like Google or corporate mail. Data manually entered, and stored in the PlayBook only is lost. Even though this should not happen. Can someone verify this theory? 

Please use plain text.