Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
seasiders89
My Carrier: Orange

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

That is true for me. I was unable to backup to Google for ages so all stuff lost was only on PlayBook in local calendar. 

Please use plain text.
iSzuto
My Carrier: n/a

Same here.  My (Local) calendar entires are are missing except for September/October 2012.  Not sure why. Past and future entires beyond these months are gone. This is very frustrating since I don't have a current back-up. 

The mail app. was also craching on load, but I think it may have been the content of the current email that caused this. I have been able to delete on another synced device and the mail app seems to open now.

New to RIM's device line and trying sooo hard to be patient.  

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

I tried a restore from a backup I made using the OS 2.1 beta. As far as I can tell all my apps were restored OK but not my calendar entries. :No:

Please use plain text.
Visitor
nick-uk
My Carrier: Orange

Local contacts gone. Sync contacts ok. Local calendar entries gone also. Support forums across the Web all have the same story. Disappointed that something like this has happened. Surely this is a basic requirement to keep users data safe and would have been tested prior to os roll out? not the end of the world but another big frustration to add to the list of other BlackBerry related frustrations.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
synaptic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Local calendar entries gone. When opening calendar app, default view is week (ok), when switching to monthly view all i see is an empty frame. If you fool around and change the views randomly, somewhen all views work, but only as long the app is not closed...

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mike2do
My Carrier: Bell

I don't understand how RIM could let this happen. If there is a problem they should have fixed it as soon as they realised it,  and stopped the update.  Let's get everyone mad at us.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FrancisM912
My Carrier: Globe Philippines

lost ALL my local calendar entries :-( very frustrating...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser

Best place for contacts and calendar is webmail, even if you have to create a Hotmail account just for the purpose of syncing them. Local entries have been volatile since they were introduced in 2.0.  First thing to do is delete the local calendar from the calendar settings. 

You can occasionally export from webmail to a file for more security but Hotmail never lost mine ...yet.

My Carrier: Att

All of my contacts are gone 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Boight
My Carrier: Shaw

Updated from 2.1 beta and also lost my two future local appointments and all old ones.

I just can't believe an OS update would overwrite/delete an important local file like this.

No backup, haven't been able to backup since last June, like many others.

Please use plain text.