Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

I've never used the calendar on the Playbook. I simply bridge to my BlackBerry when I need that. I'd like to see the ability to sync with Outlook but, to date, I haven't heard anything about that.

With that in mind I haven't yet had to do any kind of restore so I can't comment on what works and what doesn't. Unlike the BlackBerry the Playbook doesn't break down the databases to see what is going on specifically with the calendar. I agree, the calendar data shouldn't be lost. I'll ask around and see what I can find out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
skedgell
My Device: Playbook

I too have major issues with lost contacts and calendar information after the OS 2.1 upgrade. I even tried to restore using a successful backup that I made prior to download, but my data is still lost. Yes, this information was native to the playbook and not synced from another source, but I am extremely disappointed that this upgrade deleted my information. I was using this as my work calender and contacts list and did not want to trust this information to an on-line source such as a cloud or e-mail. If anyone can help me retrieve my information I would love you forever. RIM, please fix this, you can't afford these kind of mistakes.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I went into email settings, removed Calendar sync saved it

then after 5 min enabled it again and now all my meetings are back.

I am useing Exchange Active Sync direct on my playbook.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I think these are folks who have added contacts and calendar entries that are not sync'd with any cloud services or Exchange.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB

John_Clark wrote:
I think these are folks who have added contacts and calendar entries that are not sync'd with any cloud services or Exchange.

I think you are 100% correct. 

New Contributor
pbbd002
My Device: Playbook - 16gb Wi-Fi; Bold 9650

Update to my original littany of issues.. (#3) the Messages app is now 'magically' autofill'ing the qualifying Contact names in the To: field, as I type in the name, for those entries that survived into the post-apocalyptic (2.1), which were my Facebook and LinkedIn contacts (perhaps it went out and resynch'ed with those services, which make the entries whole again???).

New Contributor
rjhoward
My Device: Playbook

The calendar and the contact list is gone for all local enteries. Nice work guys.

Contributor
timboalogo
My Device: Z30 STA100-5, Playbook with 2.1

Local calendar and local contacts and Facebook calendar birthdays gone. Luckily 99% of my calendar and contacts were synced Google or Hotmail. Still, pretty unhappy, especially after trying the Twitter BlackBerry help and after a few obvious suggestions from them to reboot etc they foisted me off to the BlackBerry Support website where I will need to pay for any further support.

Guru I
John_Clark

You're obviously not the only one with the issue. There is only so much anyone can do over Twitter. As for the BB support website, this forum is free and there is no charge. Given your registration date you probably know that, though.

I wouldn't pay for any support at this point. If your PB is less than a year old you can call and get support but I don't think there is a resolution as of yet. I don't work for RIM but I do know some people that do and I have an inquiry into them and as soon as I, or anyone else, gets any further info we'll post in this thread.

John
Contributor
timboalogo
My Device: Z30 STA100-5, Playbook with 2.1

Thanks for offering to post any solutions you hear about. It would be nice to hear something from RIM via the Twitter help or on this support website stating that they are aware of this problem and are working on it (or whatever the case may be) so that many PB users aren't chasing their tales and wasting timelooking for a fix that doesn't yet exist.