10-05-2012 12:55 PM
10-05-2012 12:57 PM
I too have major issues with lost contacts and calendar information after the OS 2.1 upgrade. I even tried to restore using a successful backup that I made prior to download, but my data is still lost. Yes, this information was native to the playbook and not synced from another source, but I am extremely disappointed that this upgrade deleted my information. I was using this as my work calender and contacts list and did not want to trust this information to an on-line source such as a cloud or e-mail. If anyone can help me retrieve my information I would love you forever. RIM, please fix this, you can't afford these kind of mistakes.
10-05-2012 01:07 PM
I went into email settings, removed Calendar sync saved it
then after 5 min enabled it again and now all my meetings are back.
I am useing Exchange Active Sync direct on my playbook.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008
10-05-2012 01:09 PM
10-05-2012 02:47 PM
I think these are folks who have added contacts and calendar entries that are not sync'd with any cloud services or Exchange.
I think you are 100% correct.
10-05-2012 03:20 PM
Update to my original littany of issues.. (#3) the Messages app is now 'magically' autofill'ing the qualifying Contact names in the To: field, as I type in the name, for those entries that survived into the post-apocalyptic (2.1), which were my Facebook and LinkedIn contacts (perhaps it went out and resynch'ed with those services, which make the entries whole again???).
10-06-2012 10:38 AM
Local calendar and local contacts and Facebook calendar birthdays gone. Luckily 99% of my calendar and contacts were synced Google or Hotmail. Still, pretty unhappy, especially after trying the Twitter BlackBerry help and after a few obvious suggestions from them to reboot etc they foisted me off to the BlackBerry Support website where I will need to pay for any further support.
10-06-2012 10:46 AM
10-06-2012 10:57 AM
Thanks for offering to post any solutions you hear about. It would be nice to hear something from RIM via the Twitter help or on this support website stating that they are aware of this problem and are working on it (or whatever the case may be) so that many PB users aren't chasing their tales and wasting timelooking for a fix that doesn't yet exist.