Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

In their defense, I don't think the Twitter help folks are aware of this issue yet. I'm sure they will be soon, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
rjhoward
My Device: Playbook

It's only getting worse as I check more things out. Now documents, apps, pictures and message app are all gone. So much for improvements by RIM. I won't be storing anything I can't loose. Thanks to all those programmers.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

rjhoward wrote:

It's only getting worse as I check more things out. Now documents, apps, pictures and message app are all gone. So much for improvements by RIM. I won't be storing anything I can't loose. Thanks to all those programmers.

You have another problem then.  I have two Playbooks that I updated and both lost calendar and contacts but all pics, videos, documents, etc. are still there. What message app are you referring to?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
rjhoward

The build in message , email reader. I hadn't done a backup since June so some of the problems may be my own but  when doing an upgrade it shouldn't be deleted stuff at random. I also have third party apps that are still there but anything I had stored in them id gone like the Things To Do app. The clendar is not is not talking with Facebook to fill in events. So many little things that are just annoying. Maybe I'll just go back to using it as a ebook reader.

Contributor
help123456
My Device: curve 3g 9300

I use my playbook as a replacement laptop. Email is imap and calendar was local. Used calendar to track all medical appointments, exercise routines and medicine dosage changes through the calendar since Aug 11 2012. . All medical history is wiped out. Shame on me for not backing up (even though users say could not restore calendar data or cannot 'undo' the update). Big shame on RIM for assuming users would never rely on one of their devices without tethering, without a corporate exchange account, or without using 3rd party yahoo or Gmail account. Shame on RIM for not having a tool OR Warning explicitly this data would have been lost. Back to paper calendar for important situations like mine.
Guru I
John_Clark

I can assure you its being looked into as we speak and hopefully RIM will get it sorted out soon. I wish I had more to offer.
Contributor
help123456
My Device: curve 3g 9300

Documents and pictures and downloaded files (all my files) survived all prior updates. If was not unreasonable for me to assume my calendar data would also survive the update.
Guru I
John_Clark

Its not unreasonable. I know RIM is taking it very seriously and trying to get to the bottom of it.
New Contributor
skedgell

I can sympathize. Not only did I lose my own medical appointments, I work at a hospital and lost patient information as well. Unless RIM can somehow fix their update and allow me to recover this info from one of my backups (which hasn't worked twice now) they will never business from me or anyone else I know or work with. 

New Contributor
PastorRN
My Device: BB Playbook

What happened to my calendar app?  I was using the BB PB calendar exclusively for work mtg's, school assignments, etc.  Love the app.  But after the upgrade two nights ago I've lost my calendar app ~ not the entire thing just the month and day views.  There is nothing!  No lines, no dates, just a blank screen.  I still have the weekly view with appointments but that's it!  The monthly view flickered on last night for about 2 min, then disappeared again.  I love this PB but I don't have time for this kind of incompetance.  I used to love my BB Bold 9000 but got tired of the freeze ups, battery pulls every other day, etc.  Went to a Motorola Admiral with Android and in two years have never had any software (or hardware) issues.  I was sort getting excited about Blackberry 10 ~ and was even seriously considering purchasing another Bold OS 10 next year.  But not now!  With this latest OS screwup I am back to NOT trusting RIM to provide a reliable OS, one that I can rely on.  I will stick with Android for my phone.