Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Reply
New Contributor
Hussard
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-01-2012
My Device: Playbook 16 gig

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

I do not get the comments that there are no problems with email after 2.1... what is it then.

 

Contributor
timboalogo
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
My Device: Z30 STA100-5, Playbook with 2.1

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

The Playbook email app is able to show sent and received email when offline, so there is certainly some storage going on. As previously mentioned, sent email from PB is viewable in the main mailbox folder (I called it inbox before in prior post) as a check mark, ans is also shown in the sent folder. But all sent email prior to the update is gone and all after update is there. Somehing happened post-update that caused this to occur, and there were no changes made at my end. It's not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination, but it is worth mentioning as a probable issue from the 2.1 update.

 

I am also suffering from lost local calendar entries and FB calendar itmes, but that is not really a concern for me either as I use synced Google and Hotmail accounts for calendar and contact.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
Posts: 1,625
Registered: ‎02-28-2012
My Device: Two PB's

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

[ Edited ]

Hussard wrote:

I do not get the comments that there are no problems with email after 2.1... what is it then.

 


It means as far as we can summize from posts email in 2.1 works fine and no new problems have been created.  Any problems seem to be setup problems, obsolete exchange servers, niche providers etc, all of which are problems whatever the os version.

 

The only problem with cal and contacts has been where people have used local rather than sync'd access.

_________________________
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
Posts: 1,625
Registered: ‎02-28-2012
My Device: Two PB's

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

[ Edited ]

timboalogo wrote:

The Playbook email app is able to show sent and received email when offline, so there is certainly some storage going on. As previously mentioned, sent email from PB is viewable in the main mailbox folder (I called it inbox before in prior post) as a check mark, ans is also shown in the sent folder. But all sent email prior to the update is gone and all after update is there. Somehing happened post-update that caused this to occur, and there were no changes made at my end. It's not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination, but it is worth mentioning as a probable issue from the 2.1 update.

 

I am also suffering from lost local calendar entries and FB calendar itmes, but that is not really a concern for me either as I use synced Google and Hotmail accounts for calendar and contact.


You do realise that only sent mail less than 7 days old will be shown in playbook. Maybe older ones were shown ofgline but as soon as you went online for the update it would have syncd and cleared them off. Set the sync period to 15 or 30 days and see if they return. 

_________________________
New Contributor
puggy3131
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎10-09-2012
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Is it our fault that we used local storage for our contacts and calendar storage? I would expect not to lose it when switching to 2.1. I also expect that a correctly executed backup would actually backup my info. I guess I am naive to think that.

Contributor
timboalogo
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
My Device: Z30 STA100-5, Playbook with 2.1

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Not quite...Facebook calendar is a reported problem, although if that's handled strictly on the PB or is synced online, I don’t know. Also, you're too quick to dismiss the email issue, even if it is minor.

New Contributor
Hussard
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-01-2012
My Device: Playbook 16 gig

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Ok, I will buy that. So the email works great.

I have not heard of any software that destroy your data on an update without warning, and it being acceptable.

I welcome your help and comments.
Contributor
timboalogo
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
My Device: Z30 STA100-5, Playbook with 2.1

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Yes, Jarviser, I realise the sync period timeframe and have it adjusted accordingly to 30 days. To reiterate, sent items prior to update are gone and those after are not, and i noticed that immediately after my PB booted following the update.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
Posts: 1,625
Registered: ‎02-28-2012
My Device: Two PB's

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries


puggy3131 wrote:

Is it our fault that we used local storage for our contacts and calendar storage? I would expect not to lose it when switching to 2.1. I also expect that a correctly executed backup would actually backup my info. I guess I am naive to think that.


Without testing a backup it must be assumed to be useless. Basic data security rule.

_________________________
New Contributor
Hussard
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-01-2012
My Device: Playbook 16 gig

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Certainnely not our fault! If there where limitation or risk in thes update, a warning should have accompanied the update.

 

Now, don't get me wrong. I am in the computer business, befor any subtential update on my PC, I do a backup in case there is problem with the update. And if I need my backup its because there were a problem with the update.

 

In this case its my wife Playbook and many other non-educated user  who gets in the world of tablet not expecting (and they should not), to have to be computer literate.