Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

The bridge feature is great! I just want them to support BBM Groups over Bridge. With Bridge I don't need a data plan for my tablet and that saves me significant $$$.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

Yes it does, I have been loyal to BB for years when about 90% of my peers have gone to apple its just very disapointing
Please use plain text.
AngryAss111
My Device: Blackberry Playbook Model 1
My Carrier: Don't phking have a cell phone

[ Edited ]

Well I'm firmly pissed. How the hell do you release an update knowing full well it will delete your entire calendar and contacts. (and I can't believe that they didn't know that would happen during testing, that's ignorant to believe they couldn't see that.) I myself do not use a cell phone, as I don't own one, so I have NONE of that information saved in an alternate location. Yes I should have taken some time to back it up using their desktop program as that is what I've been reading on the forums, but how can they not 'backup' or 'restore' or at the very phucking least put a warning message that you may lose information saved on the playbook. For a company that keeps losing customers and sales to other leading competitors with intuitive technologies and such, you'd think they would try and do something right to maintain the people they have. What a joke Blackberry, what a joke. I am interested to see what kind of apology they will publish if anything.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BurntRenolds
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I've backed my stuff up but it's still lost...

Please use plain text.
rskchu
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: n/a

I was able to add my Yahoo emal, calendar and contact to my playbook account the first time.  Then I deleted them all.  Then I cannot add Yahoo contact back anymore, no matter how I try, including shutdown and rebotting my playbook many times.  I was able to add back my yahoo email and calendar though, but not my Yahoo contact.  Playbook always complains the carddav.address.yahoo.com server is not available and I was told to try again later.  However, if I login to Yahoo from the browser, I am able to access my contact as usual.  I have tried even changing my Yahoo password, but still no luck with adding my Yahoo contact to my playbook. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zhouwg00
My Device: playbook wifi

I have the same problem with yahoo contact , I couldn't identify if it's yahoo or PlayBook problem. Eventually I created a Google account, exported my yahoo contact to Google, then add Google account to my PlayBook.  

Also from now on, I set my default calendar to yahoo's, so no local data anymore, calendar, contact, email all online. 

Also be aware that even with everything online, change of some contact data using PlayBook , like 3rd or 4th email address, won't  get sync to yahoo online account.  I guess I have to live with that. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tlfc
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

I exported my Yahoo contacts to google and tried a carddav connection to google from my playbook.   Still does not work.   Error message I receive is, Account google contacts - email@gmail.com failed testing with current settings.   The google server setting I used is google.com.   What settings did you use to get it to work with google?

It appears to me that carddav integration was broken in the 2.1 release.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zhouwg00
My Device: playbook wifi

I add the Google account using the default method, which is only to provide email address and password, so the Google email, calendar and contact are all added automatically in a single PlayBook entry. I didn't add Google contact separately using carddav.

Just to be safe, I also exported my contact to hotmail, and using the default method adding the hotmail account to PlayBook. So now I have two copies of contact, and they auto sync nicely most of the time with my PlayBook now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tlfc
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks,  but my yahoo contacts don't come in that way.   I get email and that's it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilburgnb
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Tim Hortons

Frustration #4: One week later and still no official acknowledgement from RIM about the problem's existence or game plan as to how it's being handled. IE; resourses, timeline etc. How about it Mr. Torsten Heins!

Please use plain text.