Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Official acknowledgment:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB32774
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

Wow not impressed didn't tell us anything we didn't already know

So disapointing
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

malie1 wrote:
Wow not impressed didn't tell us anything we didn't already know

So disapointing

If it would not be sad, it would be funny. At least now the issue is "being investigated"

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

I'm speculating, to a degree, here, but if there's only one worker left and she's having to not only assess all the flack, but examine the software, confirm the fault, log the fault and design a fix while keeping countless managers and directors appraised of her progress, then that's not a bad response.  I'm surprised she's had time to update the web site, what with having to develop BB10 for next week and everything.

If I might offer some help here, my friend: Don't worry about the fix because everyone who might be affected by it and who might have benefited from a timely warning has now applied the "update".

Do not fret too much, either, over the apology.  It will, of course, be meaningless.

Why not, instead, concentrate on fixing one or two of the numerous actual bugs in the actual device, which might actually benefit actual users in some small way?  Maybe you could even release some of those as an OS update too.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Ok - so this was a week or more ago - has there been ANY update at all? I also have lost my contacts .... how can we send emails to ppl ??? Not impressed!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Only the update I posted above.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: curve 3g 9300

[ Edited ]

One can only pray a patch will be able to recover my 200 lost appointments that may still bewritten in some mysterious files hidden on my playbook.  Somehow I don't think RIM will answer that prayer.  It really is too bad that we were not advised that the upgrade would infact wipeout un-synced userdata with external calendars like outlook corporate, yahoo or Gmail etc. 

Ironically I was so happy when the calendar app came to OS2, that I didn't NEED 3rd party calendar anymore and data would stay private and secure between desktop and playbook and not shared with the Internet!

My Device: PB
My Carrier: Verizon

I have been on 2.1 for few weeks now and suddenly contacts stopped working. It keeps asking me for password and complains even when I enter the right password. I tried reentering account details but that did not help. Does anyone have a solution other than going through Google, etc.?
Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Try to delete and reinstall your accounts. 

I bad similar problems when I tried to connect using a different location (i.e. Wifi net.). 

Highlighted
My Device: PB
My Carrier: Verizon

I deleted and re-added the Yahoo account. It works for email and calendar but not for contacts.