Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

[ Edited ]

help123456 wrote:

One can only pray a patch will be able to recover my 200 lost appointments that may still bewritten in some mysterious files hidden on my playbook.  Somehow I don't think RIM will answer that prayer.  It really is too bad that we were not advised that the upgrade would infact wipeout un-synced userdata with external calendars like outlook corporate, yahoo or Gmail etc. 

Ironically I was so happy when the calendar app came to OS2, that I didn't NEED 3rd party calendar anymore and data would stay private and secure between desktop and playbook and not shared with the Internet!

Don't get too optimistic, they're gone.

Irrespective of this efror, before spending hours typing in data to ANY single private file, you should always...

Type in test data 

Back up

Delete test data

Recover from backup

Check they are recovered.

Did anyone ever do that? If so, did it ever recover standalone contacts or appointments? If not, why would you spend hours typing stuff into a time bomb, I mean what would have happened if the playbook had  been lost? 

Everyone learn a basic lesson.

________
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

I have a yahoo and an Ymail account with Yahoo. My contacts from neither will sync either. I get an error message that "the carddev.address.yahoo.com server is unavailable". In other words no contact sync with yahoo.

To get around the problem I linked my gmail account to my yahoo account, imported my contact list from yahoo to gmail and resynced my accounts to my gmail account and VOILÄ all my contacts are now OK - except a few which were not synced to the 'cloud'. 

I wish at some point I could sync my PlayBook address file with the address file of my Monzilla ThunderBird.  After a bit of pressure from the user community - it took about two years:Winkiss:! -  now I sync my contact file on my Nokia phone with ThunderBird!  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mjnk
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

TroyTempest, are you still with us?  Well I hope you don't beat yourself up like this every time someone dumps on you, old man.

Love to Marina,  And watch out for that ruddy fish!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilburgnb
My Device: Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Tim Hortons

Frustration #5 I just downloaded Software Update 2.1.0.1088 and nothing has changed. I still don't have my contacts or calendar back. Luckily my emails are on Yahoo. I had to go to Crackberry to hear about the update

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The update just came out and from what I've heard will not bring back the lost info but should prevent the issue from happening again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011

[ Edited ]

The new release, 2.1.0.1088, will not bring back old, lost info. But it will retain native calendar and contact added after 2.1.0.1083 was installed. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mjnk
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

I'd love to know how it can do that.  If the next update involves replacing a full database with an empty one, there's not much you can do about it with pre-installed code.  Sounds like a 70-odd Mb placebo.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011

mjnk wrote:

I'd love to know how it can do that.  If the next update involves replacing a full database with an empty one, there's not much you can do about it with pre-installed code.  Sounds like a 70-odd Mb placebo.

Check my edited post above. Whatever was lost as a result of installing 2.1.0.1083 is lost. However, new entries, added AFTER 2.1.0.1083 was installed will be there after installing 2.1.0.1088. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

OS 2.1 now has a hat pin. Your hat will no longer blow off.  Your old hat is in the river. Soz.

________
Please use plain text.