Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
tlfc
My Device: Playbook 16Gb

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

I just updated to 1088 and can confirm that carddav.address.yahoo.com contact integration still does not work.   So composing emails is still a guessing game.  Not impressed at all since this used to work before the prior update.

Please use plain text.
nmbutt
My Device: PB

My sentiments exactly .. It worked for a long time until the last upgrade. So, we can not blame Yahoo for it. I think it is a RIM problem to own up to.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhsterne
My Device: PlayBook

Same issue here. For weeks get a nice message from PB telling me that the yahoo server is not available to sync contacts or calendar each time I feel hopeful and try to reinstall. No problems prior to update. Sad. No workaround discovered to date.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilburgnb
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Can everyone who lost their contact, calendar, or email datawith 1032 tell me if they use Yahoo? I suspect it's only Yahoo users who were affectedby this glitch. I too get the Yahoo cannot sign in stuff.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Data loss was only for local calendar/contacts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seasiders89
My Device: PlayBook

If only! I've no yahoo accounts or usage. This is all on RIM
Please use plain text.
nmbutt
My Device: PB

I use Yahoo and that is where I can no longer synch contacts. Email works.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G

I lost the ability to log into the US Air website and as I travel every week I has caused a major problem
As for the email well I have never been able to sync
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilburgnb
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Hi John

Realizing that the info lost was only local, I was curious as to if it was only Yahoo users that were affected. From some of the replies received this is not the case.

The Yahoo syncing issue is yet another frustration I  have. Unlike some other usersI have not tried to delete and re-establish my Yahoo account. This does not seem to work anyway.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The loss was only for those not syncing with an account. You still have your data on Yahoo. Those that enetered data manually into their calendar/contacts lost their data completely.

There is another bug having to do with Yahoo! contacts that I don't have any info about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.