Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
tilburgnb
My Carrier: Tim Hortons

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

Frustration #? KB32774 seems to be not to knowledgeable. No updates since Oct 18th.

Perhaps RIM hopes the issue will go away.  It won't!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilburgnb

Two months since problem was acknowledged and still no apology or solution.

I am dissapointed at the percieved attitude of those involved.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

They released an updated version that fixed the problem. There is no solution to get back any contacts lost but the problem itself was solved a month ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tilburgnb

I disagree.

The 1088 update only helped those that hadn't already downloaded the 1032 update. It did nothing to recover the data lost by those who downloaded the earlier update

The knowledge Base still has an unresolved status. It would be nice if RIM just came clean here and said no solution is possible and said
"We're Sorry"
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

That's exactly what I said. There's no solution for recovering the lost contacts but contacts are no longer being lost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tlfc
My Carrier: Rogers

While it may be true that contacts were not wiped out on the last update, we still cannot connect to our yahoo contacts and calendar as before.    So all of the problems that were introduced have not been solved yet.

Please use plain text.
nmbutt
My Carrier: Verizon

Just completed the most current update ( 2.1.???). 37MB in size. Now my Yahoo contacts are back. So, they must have fixed something in RIM software.
Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

That's good to hear. The only thing listed that was fixed was Adobe Air and Flash.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Time to close this thread.

Please use plain text.
BeanBean
My Carrier: Rogers

No no.  Don't close it please.

Just find this forum because of the same issue.  Calendar items lost without reason.  I have chosen to preserve all my date FOREVER in the calendar setting since day 1.  Have this issue for a few times, but the claendar items keep lost.  What will be the reason.

I have my phone and playbook os up to date all the time.

I suspect the loss of calendar items link to the use of phone calendar over bridge.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

But I will try to do a test later to find it out.  Hope someone can advice me how to solve the problem.

Please use plain text.