Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: OS 2.1 Upgrade Lost Contacts And Calendar Entries

This sounds like a completely different issue. Can you be more specific on exactly what is happening and what you are doing when it happens?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Today is June 21 2014. My Yahoo email will dl to my playbook. My contacts will not. I can dl my hotmail email,contacts. This appears to have happening for several years now an still no fix? I am so glad this was a gift. Makes me want to use it as a paper weight and go get an iPad.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You need to add your Yahoo contacts via Carddav.

Go to Settings >Accounts >Add New Account >Email, Calendar and Contacts >Advanced Setup >CardDav. Enter all your information and for the server address enter https;//carddav.address.yahoo.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I complained about this issue years ago and it's funny to see blackberry still has not apologized for it...BB is so out of touch! My play book was tossed out years ago!!! LMAO
Good work blackberry...my BB experience ended years ago and I haven't looked back!
Contributor

That is not working. Now I get an error message. Before it acted like it would dl just didn't dl.

Guru II

And the error message is?
Guru II

BurntRenolds wrote:
I complained about this issue years ago and it's funny to see blackberry still has not apologized for it...BB is so out of touch! My play book was tossed out years ago!!! LMAO
Good work blackberry...my BB experience ended years ago and I haven't looked back!

Thanks for your input. 

Guru II

BurntRenolds wrote:

If you were to read the thread and the question asked before posting you would note that this person is asking a different question and has a TOTALLY different issue than you had.  This has nothing to do with the upgrade that deleted local contacts.  His is a problem with Yahoo contacts syncing.  Thanks!

Guru II

[ Edited ]

@ktspapa 

We can continue to troubleshoot the Yahoo CardDav issues, depspite useless replies from people who are not here to help you.  However, your best bet is to import the Yahoo contacts into Hotmail.  If you don't want to merge them with what you already have in Hotmail then create a new Outlook.com account (same as hotmail, just a name change) and move the contacts there.  You don't even need to use the Outlook.com for email, and don't even have to integrate the email if you don't want to. You can just sync Contacts only.  CardDav is a far inferior mode of syncing than the Exchange Active Sync (EAS) that Microsoft offers with Hotmail and Outlook.com.  I have issues with CardDav even on my iPad sometimes and gave up on it with GMail after Google dumped EAS for GMail accounts.   

Contributor

Account Yahoo xxx failed testing with current settings.